Diablo® III

lots of rockets build

7 Night Elf Hunter
The concept of this build is get as much milage out of the Ballistics passive as possible by spending as much time shooting rockets as you can.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fXRPjT!SbT!bccYcb

Grenadier plus the Tinkerer version of grenades should net 9 hatred per casting of grenade. The bat companion is good for another 2.5hatred/sec. Combined with the extra hatred pool from Vengeance and hatred from health globes, it should be fast to fill up on hatred.

Aside from that, there's the rocket version of Cluster arrow for large groups. Multishot would probably work just as well, but after taking the Grenadier passive it seemed to make sense to use cluster arrow.

Rapid shot with rockets is there for single target takedowns and small groups. 228% base damage plus 4 rockets at 70% weapon damage each per second is 508% damage per second on one target (as long as it doesn't have any friends around) for about 10 hatred a second. We'll see if it actually works like that.

Strafe is useful for when standing still is not a good idea.

The sentry is there to do some damage with the discipline that otherwise is being used for much, and more importantly, it shoots more rockets.

I could see dropping the companion for marked for death or maybe shadow power. It also doesn't have any defensive skills. However, I could see this being a blast to play.
Reply Quote
I have a near identical build except I use the Ferret Companion and I swapped out Rapid Fire for Preparation (Crimson).

Depending on survivability and how hatred / discipline depletes during actual game play, may swap Grenades and Sentry for something else or swap Vengeance with Night Stalker
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]