Diablo® III

How do you turn from good to Necro?

Nihlathak was a barb who turned into a necro.

Jondar was a wizard or templar who turned into a necro. How did they get this power?

I wonder if all those who turn evil become necros.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure where you are getting they turn into necromancers.

The 'evil' power they are using is demons not undead spirits which demons can't reach because wherever the dead go is beyond the reach of demons and angels.

The main power of the necromancers is to reach the spirits of the dead. It's pretty hard to show that power as an ability in a game like D2 so you would have to read the books for that. Necromancers aren't evil either. They follow the Bbalance and it is a lot more good than evil from what I've seen.

Necromancers are seen as evil by most of Sanctuary because they deal with the dead so it may be an intended misunderstanding by the characters.
Reply Quote
Nihlathak was a barb who turned into a necro

Pretty sure he was never a Barbarian. Not everybody in Act V was a Barbarian, even if they almost all seemed like it. Anya being a good example. Mara another one. That's about it haha.
Reply Quote
There's basically two kinds of necromancy in Diablo.

Necromancy as performed by the Cult of Rathma and possibly the Witch Doctors is about communing/working with the spirits of the dead. In this case a person can be brought back from death, body and soul, like Achilios was. (probably got his name all wrong. The archer from Sin War)

Then you have 'necromancy' as performed via demonic magic or other forms of magic. This magic can't bring the souls of the dead back, but it can animate corpses with dark power, acheiving a similar result. Souls of the dead which are trapped by demons before they depart to the 'unformed land / spirit world / whatever' can be used in this form of necromancy, unless I'm much mistaken.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/16/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Starkiller
and possibly the Witch Doctors

This is an idea that I've thought about a great deal, it's not too out there to think that they are related. It's a relatively common thing in literature and story telling for two groups to think they are using different forms of a power, and have it turn out to be the same. And it's not too far fetched to think that they could have stumbled across this power without the teaching that Mendeln had. I really hope that this is confirmed or denied in the game, as I don't think there is much lore about the WD previous to D3 (I don't have the book of cain, and haven't read all the other books yet so I could be wrong.)

More on topic, what others have said pretty much sums it up nicely. Necromancy is a power of balance, not evil. (This leads into the WD thing again as seen in the dialogue of your character in the beta, when he speaks of balance.)
Reply Quote

Pretty sure he was never a Barbarian. Not everybody in Act V was a Barbarian, even if they almost all seemed like it. Anya being a good example. Mara another one. That's about it haha.

Every NPC in Harrogath except Cain is a barb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]