Diablo® III

Meteor spell

I'm very happy to see back the meteor spell but...I really wished an heavier effect :(
Reply Quote
Have you seen the runestone videos? They're a treat. Youtube it, you can see it gets epic-er. And I love that a small crater appears in the ground too. Totally aesthetic, it fades, but still cool.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
apart from killing baal's minions in the throne room i always found meteor pretty annoying to use in D2. Fireball!
Reply Quote
my problem is that this "massive" meteor does 250% and a low low level arcane orb does the same 250% for less arcane power
Reply Quote
02/24/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Bloggins
my problem is that this "massive" meteor does 250% and a low low level arcane orb does the same 250% for less arcane power

Meteor also produces an AoE dmage effect (100% weapon dps/sec for 3secs) so Meteor can be said to deal 550% weapon damage over 3 seconds to an area. More versatile for finishing low-hp mobs than arcane orb...but still, I wish the damage was higher too
Reply Quote
02/16/2012 09:16 PMPosted by JahDenzel
I'm very happy to see back the meteor spell but...I really wished an heavier effect :(

yea... its sound needs buffing, (right now its only a light thud compared to the impact) and maybe some particle detail on its landing, make the impact look more powerful as well, maybe add some loose dirt and rock to be flung
Edited by Honor on 2/25/2012 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wow this was a huge nerf in patch 13 apparently, this makes it not worth using for the AP cost imo.

One thing this spell does have over Arcane Orb though is that this can be cast at enemies that are hiding behind other enemies (archers/casters etc.)

02/25/2012 08:40 AMPosted by SeaCucumber

Meteor also produces an AoE dmage effect (100% weapon dps/sec for 3secs) so Meteor can be said to deal 550% weapon damage over 3 seconds to an area. More versatile for finishing low-hp mobs than arcane orb...but still, I wish the damage was higher too

It does 100% weapon damage over 3 seconds, not for 3 seconds. This means it can deal 350% aximum.(with no runes that is).
Reply Quote
Yeah, except it only does 180% WD now .. so you're probably better off spamming electrocute.
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Kungfustudnt
Yeah, except it only does 180% WD now .. so you're probably better off spamming electrocute.

-.- I don't understand the purpose of this.

They didn't even change the AP cost like I thought they would.

It's now a completely pointless spell.

Well not completely, but you get what I mean.
Edited by Heratli on 3/18/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]