Diablo® III

The Angiris Council

Alright, now I may be missing some key point of information, but upon re-reading the Book of Cain, I found that there is no distinct number given to how many archangels there are on the Angiris Council. I understand that they are listed in the book, Imperius, Tyrael, Auriel, Itherael, and Malthael, but in the overview of the Angiris Council as a whole, there isn't a specific number given like there is for the Lords of the Burning Hells.

In the summary of The High Heavens, the Book of Cain states that, "To many scholars, the archangels of the Angiris Council are living representations of the chief virtues of Anu." Based on the wording of this description, couldn't there be more archangels that have simply never been documented by any of the texts written about The High Heavens?
Reply Quote
While a body count of five that form the Angiris Council wasn't given in Book of Cain, don't take the participial wording "chief virtues" too literally from the sourcebook. Blizzard stated enough of times there are five leading archangels of the High Heavens:
  • e.g. The Veiled Prophet and more recently BlizzCon 2011's Diablo lore panel:
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUUJ_saOFRY&t=9m22s

• But it doesn't eliminate the existence of other archangels, just that they are not quite yet noteworthy entities verse their leaders who been chronicled by mortals. Heaven is a silent force compare to the invading forces of Hell. Some these untold archangel individuals (or parties) may serve as advisers to the Angiris Council, subordinates found within a Council member's quarter, or other archangels overseeing their untold domains and duties.
  • EX: One let down of mine although not a Book of Cain necessity was whether or not a angelic counterpart existed verses Hephasto the Armorer (finalized overlord background were sadly unelaborated) and Hellforge.
  • Reply Quote
    The Book of Cain focused only on those Arch Angels simply because they are the key angels for the End of the World.

There might be others indeed much like Hell's known denizens that can pop out of the story anytime as needed.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Warrior
    Izual and Inarius were archangels too. Izual was trapped into a demon's body, and Inarius was locked into the void after being defeated.

However they werent in the council, at least this was never mentioned. Neither there was any "virtues" attached to them. SO i think we can assume that yes, there are only 5 archangels on the council, as always.
    Reply Quote
    95 Human Mage
    Izual and Inarius were archangels too. Izual was trapped into a demon's body, and Inarius was locked into the void after being defeated.

However they werent in the council, at least this was never mentioned. Neither there was any "virtues" attached to them. SO i think we can assume that yes, there are only 5 archangels on the council, as always.

Inarius used to be on the council. He was replaced by Imperius.
    Reply Quote
    Inarius was a adviser to the Angiris Council from Tyrael's sphere of influence.

Not to say he wasn't without his own power beyond his influential voice in the decisions of the Angiris Council, but although being among the company of these prestigious leaders didn't make him one of the dominate five archangels who actually governed Heaven. A recognized subordinate to the Council members by the rest of Heaven, yes.
    Reply Quote
    95 Human Mage
    Ah yes. Erolden is correct. Inarius was actually an advisor.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]