Diablo® III

Question About Skills Calculator, etc...

1: Are all the numbers in the skill calculator based on a level 60 character?
2: Are there going to be items that enhance rune effects?
3: Are there going to be items that enhance skill effects?
4: Is there going to be a cap on certain statistics, like Movement Speed, Strength, etc...

If available, please link some official posts answering these questions. If none is available, sure we can speculate all day, but it's better if an official answer presents itself...

Reply Quote
1. Level now seems to be irrelevant to skill & rune effects, since they are based upon a percentage of weapon damage, and varying rune levels have been removed.

2, 3, 4. We don't know. We're still waiting for a full list of item affixes.
Reply Quote
1: yes
2: dunno
3: yes
4: dont think so

brb with links
edit: a link for point 3: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablonut-database-updated-to-patch-13#more-14357
Edited by D3BETA on 2/28/2012 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
So when you level up, your skills increase only by the modification from your stats changing, but not your level as well?
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Sabacca
So when you level up, your skills increase only by the modification from your stats changing, but not your level as well?

yes

also your items get better and better so there is allways progression (since skills scale on weapon dmg)
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Sabacca

Directly, that is correct. The skill that said, "does 125% weapon damage" will still say that.

Indirectly, higher level gives you access to higher dps weapons, which then translates into higher damage in your skills, but you probably already understood that.
Reply Quote
So, if that is the case, your level and stats will most likely not change the rune effect then... That's too bad.
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Sabacca
So, if that is the case, your level and stats will most likely not change the rune effect then... That's too bad.

the level does change the effects. Percentage effects I would imagine stay constant, but flat numbers do increase with your level. For example a skill that would heal you for 4000 health and level 30 heals you for 20k at leve 60.

There are rumors that items can give you bonuses to specific skill, but I haven't seen anything official on it.
Reply Quote
I know what you are saying Grash, but some runes have stuff like effect summon length of a spell minion, which would not change in the situation that you described. If there is no way to change this, that's too bad.
Edited by Sabacca on 2/28/2012 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Sabacca
I know what you are saying Grash, but some runes have stuff like effect summon length of a spell minion, which would not change in the situation that you described. If there is no way to change this, that's too bad.

Yeah you're right. I think Bash said there were only few of those. not enough to make them worth saving when you get new runes or level.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/diamond-skin

^example of a skill that grows with level ^
Reply Quote
ok i forgot about that one ... but the most interesting skills are the damaging ones right?
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 02:05 PMPosted by D3BETA

Yeah you're right. I think Bash said there were only few of those. not enough to make them worth saving when you get new runes or level.

Ah. That's really unfair for those of us who want to use those runes... I hope this will be addressed at some point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]