Diablo® III

left click has to be fixed patch13 problem

left mouse button will always be an issue while there are 3 functions on it they are movement interacting and attacking this is a concern for player that use ranges classes and even for people in melee since it can coarse unwanted attacks while trying to move.

they need to let us have more control with key binding ATM you can’t change mouse bindings e.g left mouse is movement/interact/attack and right is secondary skill and they can’t be changed so.

They need to add another action bar slot to the skill bar so people that want to change left click key blinding can. e.g: under key bindings anther options for left mouse button needs to be added movement/interact. So for the people that don’t want this movement problem can change it but the people that like it the way it is can keep it’s the same so just for sum more clarification here is what the key binding option need to look like.

EXAMPLE ONE
KEY BINDING OPTIONS
Command.................................................key1........................................................key2
Game play
Force Stand Skill.......................................“Shift”..................................................“NOT SET”
Movement/interact/attack ......................“mouse1”
Movement/interact................................“NOT SET”
Secondary Skill.......................................“mouse2”

EXAMPLE TWO
KEY BINDING OPTIONS
Command.................................................key1........................................................key2
Game play
Force Stand Skill.......................................“Shift”..................................................“NOT SET”
Movement/interact/attack ......................“NOT SET”
Movement/interact................................“Mouse1”
Secondary Skill.......................................“mouse2”

We need to be able to change the mouse keys so take we take care of this problem.
The extra skill slot if using normal left click is locked to auto attack key and if using second left click option opens up to be used for a skill.

That would be a good fix to the issue giving us the ability to reassign the mouse keys.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
yeah they def need to change it back to where you could put any skill in any slot.

they also made it so each skill unlocked will require you chose it from a specific tree...

so as a barb if you want 2 fury builders in ur right and left click, you cant... why?

srsly blizz send it back to the old way where we could completely customize our characters.

the rune system is fine, its the skill system that needs to go back....

options>elective mode on
???
profit
Reply Quote
yeah they def need to change it back to where you could put any skill in any slot.

they also made it so each skill unlocked will require you chose it from a specific tree...

so as a barb if you want 2 fury builders in ur right and left click, you cant... why?

srsly blizz send it back to the old way where we could completely customize our characters.

the rune system is fine, its the skill system that needs to go back....

options>elective mode on
???
profit

elective mode doesn't let you change mouse bindings. and sum skills cant be put on mouse even with elective mode on.
Edited by cyssa on 2/20/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Hunter
This really needs to change as soon as possible. playing ranged is awful while being forced to use the mouse to attack on top of moving...very bad design.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizz -

PLEASE, PLEASE allow us to change the mouse buttons back to simple "default" attack/movement. I used to use my wand for everything! now I have to run around electrocuting barrels to blast them open. The only advantage is that electrocute bounces to additional targets/barrels, so that is a win, but for single targets - why? Let us change the mouse buttons again please!

Reply Quote
02/19/2012 08:24 AMPosted by cyssa
Blizzard needs to add another button to the skill bar so we can leave left click blank and keep it just as a movement/interact key and not an attack key.

This is why many have asked for a left handed drive option from the start.
Reply Quote
I never have the problem of clicking to move and attacking, but I always am having the problem of clicking to attack and moving.

I'm not sure how they could fix that for me since I use left-click for skills, and I despise holding shift even though I do it when I must. Still, let's get this fixed for those who need it.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/21/2012 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hope blizzard take note of this problem because it effect one of the main systems in the game. and this is one of the most important functions in the game movement and use of skills on a limited UI.
Reply Quote
So I can click to attack? I have to use action bars for defensive skills only? Nope don't think so, not going to play this game until it's changed back the way was.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
I agree with the OP 100% I hate using skills on the left mouse button, never used one on D2 because it just drove me nuts now this means I have to in D3 retarded, at the very least give me a reason why you feel that you cant just add another hot key and let me just use the left mouse for moving??
Reply Quote
I agree. I used the "alt" key in diablo 2 all the time to move around without targeting and the trying to be a mobile combatant feels clunky without it. allowing players who want/know to do so the ability to turn off targeting promotes blizzards supposed philosophy of easy to learn hard to master because it opens up more options in combat. forcing targeting all the time limits options for experienced players and can cause anyone to accidentally name-lock a mob when they are trying to get some distance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]