Diablo® III

Dual Weilding Vs. 2 Hand Ranged

I have played a lot of time on a Demon Hunter, trying new builds with the skills allotted to us at our cap of level 13. One thing I have noticed so far, is that not many people, when I play publicly, seldom use Crossbows ( just were put in this recent patch ) or Bows.

I know there is a significant damage difference between crossbows/bows vs hand crossbows, but hand crossbows shoot much faster and seem to outweigh the dps. I also am aware you have a quiver but it seems that the stats on the quiver does not change the effectiveness of a hand crossbow instead. I feel that the 2hand ranged weapons are going to be more of a PvE usage with the high end damage/crits, and dual wielding is going to be more of a sustained PvP type of usage.

Feel free to post builds for 2hand ranged specs vs 1 hand dw specs, and correct me if I am wrong on how I see this.

Reply Quote
main issue is in beta the best we can get is 1h xbows and there is just a general lack of good 2h this far in
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Journeyman
leather
quiver
Reply Quote
I'm using a hand xbow + quiver.

The thing is right now the 2H bows/xbows I've found so far basically suck. The lv 13 yellow xbow is basically the best thing i can get.

I think weapon speed will play in more based on kiting ease and effectiveness at lv 60 inferno.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If you can find some Warden bow, with of wounding or of the eel, hitting over 29 dps, it should prove better than slingshots. it is just way easier to craft a (13), as opposed to farm lvl 6 returns
Edited by Korba on 2/20/2012 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
dual wielding hand xbows right now gives the most dmg i was doing 79dps using a bow or crossbow never came close hopefully this is only because this is earily game and they wanted to show off the new item and have it be more powerful earily game till better drops
Reply Quote
02/20/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Korba
If you can find some Warden bow, with of wounding or of the eel, hitting over 29 dps, it should prove better than slingshots. it is just way easier to craft a (13), as opposed to farm lvl 6 returns

agreed, I see what you mean.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 10:53 AMPosted by D3BETA
dual wielding hand xbows right now gives the most dmg

now what did I just say?..

single wield 168.99, steady aim
http://screencast.com/t/9KQJ06s11ygy
Edited by Korba on 2/20/2012 5:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just a question about the DPS calculator in game. I'm noticing that if you change your primary skill (the one bound to L-click, not whatever you're using most or..er...primarily), the DPS doesn't change accordingly. For example, switching from Hungering Arrow to Bola doesn't change the DPS at all, and they should be dealing different damage.
Reply Quote
Changing skills shouldn't change your DPS... Your damage per second isn't based on the skills you have lol

Your DPS is based on your items, and the skills work based on those numbers. The only thing that will change your DPS is changing an item.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 03:50 PMPosted by AdLit
doesn't change the DPS at all

The DPS tooltip is a measuring stick on gear choices, not skill damage.

Alt mouse hover on a skill, and you will be told its x% of weapon.

Skills are identified for their power by comparing x%/cost vs other skills,
While gear is compared to gear on how it ranks on your default dps
Reply Quote
Understood, thanks guys. I mistakenly thought that it also took into account your skill, and was an updated version of the damage calculator we had in D2. Faulty comparison on my part. Thanks all.
Reply Quote
The low end damage on hand crossbows is a huge disappointment. is there a reason for this? because every other one-hander has a low end closer to the high end damage.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 10:00 PMPosted by D3BETA
The low end damage on hand crossbows is a huge disappointment. is there a reason for this? because every other one-hander has a low end closer to the high end damage.
not entirely relevant, I mean DPS is just more = stuff dies faster, unless you are trying to exploit min > max making each +1min = +1min AND +1 max for a min damage build
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]