Diablo® III

Two expansion characters

35 Orc Rogue
02/24/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Ragnaroth
Wait, Egyptian? Since when is there an Egypt in this game?

Well, in the lore, Lut Gholein is influenced HEAVILY by persian and egyptian culture...
Reply Quote
I'm guessing Middle Eastern character that uses science/tech. Like an Alchemist, sort of like a mix between WD and WZ. We go through a large city with Middle eastern Theme. so we might see some hints there.
Reply Quote
02/24/2012 07:43 PMPosted by WhiteBomber

wow way to quickly try to de-rail this. Because clearly ancient mongolian culture should be here. or better yet, monks!??!?!?

Egyptian is a very plausible outcome based on the historical presedence

Except that your example of ancient mongolian culture isn't ancient mongolian culture. It's another entirely fictional culture with aesthetic similarities. Same with the monks. And further, Diablo in-universe mythology is also different from real world mythology. Not to say, of course, that an "Egyptian" themed character couldn't have its own parallel in the Diablo universe — if it does I'm simply not aware of it (and for that reason would not wish to be the first to suggest it).

What you should actually want is for suggested characters to have a solid and reasonable background in Diablo lore, not a real-world historical fit.

But on topic: Since aesthetics carried over from the real world are considered acceptable for the topic, a (Roman) gladiator type character would be welcome to me, with a sense of more broad weapon proficiencies, but abilities mainly for the sword (and possibly two-handed sword, the axe, polearm, and shield). (Just as an afternote, I honestly don't expect there to be an expansion pack.)

Once again, i guess to re adapt to everyones immediate hatred for this, Egyptian "like" qualities.
Reply Quote
02/24/2012 07:10 PMPosted by CronoLuminai
2. Demon hunter - closely tied to western religion and the defeat of demons, although this demon hunter seems to use some of the dark powers to defeat dark. Link to bows and crossbows only further helps this, much like the longbowmen of the UK

defeating demon is present in pretty much all culture/religion.
Reply Quote
02/24/2012 07:49 PMPosted by D3BETA
2. Demon hunter - closely tied to western religion and the defeat of demons, although this demon hunter seems to use some of the dark powers to defeat dark. Link to bows and crossbows only further helps this, much like the longbowmen of the UK

defeating demon is present in pretty much all culture/religion.

are people just blatantly ignorant, thats why i said demon hunter closely tied to western religion, not to mention the use of bows and crossbows....
Reply Quote
are people just blatantly ignorant, thats why i said demon hunter closely tied to western religion, not to mention the use of bows and crossbows....

gotcha, didn't know Non-Westerners never used Bows/crossbows, learned something new today.
Reply Quote
- ANZ
02/24/2012 07:42 PMPosted by CronoLuminai
The reverse is true then. You could still make skills based of these ancient egyptians, but give different names. But the obvious context will be there. For example, Turning into a Large jackal. That has so many abilities for a certain amount of time. Using the power of a "hawk" to glide from one side of the screen to the other doing damage, in its wake. Embracing power of the sun to heal over time. Using maybe a solar flare to do fire damage. The egyptian mythology opens up many doors.

Correct. If you wanted to make an Egyptian Mythology-themed character, you could make up a few gods of your own with names that sound Egyptian.

However, those abilities that you mention seem to be a cross between the Monk and the Wizard: Melee damage-augmenting abilities (shapeshifting can be simplified to this like everything else), heals and burst damage spell.

02/24/2012 07:45 PMPosted by D3BETA
I'm guessing Middle Eastern character that uses science/tech. Like an Alchemist, sort of like a mix between WD and WZ. We go through a large city with Middle eastern Theme. so we might see some hints there.

Come up with a few abilities, and I think this may have some potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiAhu1ONKs&t=5m40s
Edited by TCPMathmick on 2/24/2012 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Mujaheddin (Arab Holy Warrior) - barring any dislike of Islam as a whole these warriors fit in with the style of mercenaries and guards seen in Act 2 of Diablo 2.

Resource: Faith, used to power support abilities only

Role: Group Support similar to Paladin from Diablo 2.

Main attacks: Combo Style weapon attacks generate faith in sequence 1-2-3-5 faith for every combo.

Weapons: Swords, Maces, Shields, Spears
Class Specific items: Turbans, Shamshirs (Talwar)

The idea I have behind this character is more of a martial minded warrior. Like the Barbarian he's an expert in melee weapons but most of his attacks aren't magical based. However his support abilities would be similar to group shields and other defensive techniques. This player would differ from the monk by generating more faith per each consecutive hit on the same target as well as being more defensive in nature. Also, the monk is styled as the "support healer" this class would be "support tank."

As for the second:

Druid - A return from Diablo 2. Obviously we'd like to avoid this but he's the best class with the background. He's the second most fitting character as the rest were molded into the 5 classes currently in the game.

Resource: Commune, being one with nature that generates naturally over time while not in combat.

Role: Melee/Caster Hybrid

Main Attacks: Transformation/Summoning abilities

Weapons: Maces, Clubs, Flails
Class Specific Items: Animal Helmets, Animal Furs (chest item), Batons

This class would be a remake of the Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction expansion class. It's main roll was a hybrid caster/summoner/melee transformer. It would retain the transformation abilities to change into a werewolf/were-bear form. These forms would drain "commune" over time. He would retain some of his nature style magic (fire, plant based) and his summoning of animals and nature spirits.
Reply Quote
i like the druid idea. Nothing in D3 has taken from his skill sets really. I wouldn't be surprised if he was also in the expansion.
Reply Quote
Knight- Hes a freaking knight, you do not need an explanation....

main weapons. sword and board, 2 hander, lance.

Abilties: hits things in various ways...

I would lean towards this. I would say "Paladin"...but that's a little overused by Blizz. I'm guessing the devs want something a bit more fresh.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I find it likely that the presumed two expansion characters will be based off the idea of the Nephalem, one being of angelic nature, and one being demonic. I could see them bringing back the Paladin as an exiled angel, one who refused not to get involved with Diablo's invasion of Sanctuary. The other, I'm not sure what class exactly, but could be a demon dissatisfied with serving the Primevils and wishes to live peacefully in Sanctuary, and joins the war against Diablo to return it to a paradise.
Reply Quote
Starting to create expansion characters from lore holes in the original game is a big mistake. Gameplay comes first. You have to take a good look at the existant classes for any roles that haven't been filled yet, and create your new class around that. Lore comes after that.

And the Demon Hunter was designed to not come from any specific region in the Diablo universe or the real universe.
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 10:22 PMPosted by SiNfamous
Gameplay comes first.

obviously not, have you seen the game lately? lol

coming from the guy who just suggested a pirate and a vampire for future expansion classes.....
Reply Quote
Witch Hunter.

Weapons 1 handed maces/swords and mage hunter only large magic shields.

Main abilitys to summon holy and unholy magic weapons to help fight his enemies.

Main roll/abilitys, are support, and CC with stuns slows and various manipulation abilitys.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/25/2012 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]