Diablo® III

Better experience/items from group play?

I was curious since I don't remember reading about this much anywhere, but while enemies get more HP when more than one person is in a game, do they give you more experience than they normally would have better drops? Has Blizzard commented on this?
Reply Quote
No. I played a game with someone in beta and received the same amount of experience. As for the items I do not believe so, but it's a random system so I may have just gotten bad luck.
Reply Quote
no bonus

but i like that ... soloplayers should get the same stuff/xp as group players
Reply Quote
no bonus

So trading and making friends (lol) are the only incentives to join and grow the community?

*looks at AH*

I kind of liked the system where item drop #s increased in group games.
Reply Quote
no bonus

So trading and making friends (lol) are the only incentives to join and grow the community?

*looks at AH*

I kind of liked the system where item drop #s increased in group games.

Don't cry! It's called progress! /bleh
Reply Quote
Play with friends and you'll get more items. :)
Reply Quote
They have said (and I've noticed this a little bit in play) that that you functionally get increased xp and drops because you kill more things in less time. So even though there aren't any coded bonuses, playing with a full party is the most efficient and fastest way to get both experience and good loot.
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Phoenix
I kind of liked the system where item drop #s increased in group games

the drops only increased cause you had to share them with 7 other people
there was no other reason
in fact now in diablo3 there are alltogether more items dropping (if you count all individual drops from all 4 players together)
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Taru
and drops because you kill more things in less time.

Ding ding ding. Besides, "for fun for people who enjoy group play with friends", this is the incentive for playing in a group.
Reply Quote
Hmmmm, I dunno, don't the enemies have more HP though? I still think that should translate into better bonuses (xp/items), as that would ideally promote team play the most.
Reply Quote
not sure on experience or loot, but im pretty sure gold drops more in multiplayer. i was just noticing this today while playing my 0% gf character, by myself i would get anywhere from 3-12 gold peice drops......while the same character in multiplayer was getting average 25gold, almost 30 per drop. (not every drop, but most)
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Atreides
Hmmmm, I dunno, don't the enemies have more HP though? I still think that should translate into better bonuses (xp/items), as that would ideally promote team play the most.

course they have more HP, you have 3 other guys helping you out, doesn't make the fight harder, and most likely makes it easier, we'll see
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]