Diablo® III

two sets of weapons equipped

In diablo 2 you could have two sets of weapons equiped and press a hotkey to switch them in the game. This was a very nice feature. You could have a 2 hand weapon for dps and then a 1 hand and shield for when things got tough. Am I missing something in Diablo 3 or did they remove it? If it was removed it would be nice to have it back.
Reply Quote
they removed it cause some people pressed " W " and thought their weapons disappeared

yes i know its sad but its true
Reply Quote
they removed it cause some people pressed " W " and thought their weapons disappeared

yes i know its sad but its true

If that is truly the reason, I have no hope for our humanity.

"If they can't succeed...just lower the standards!" - u.s. education system
Reply Quote
It's more because they didn't realize their weapons weren't correct for a little bit, like they'd jump into battle and not do damage or have a shield. It happened to everyone at least once. Most of the time you press w and switch back, but now that the inventory is smaller, you can just carry a second set of weapons with you if you like and manually quickly change... not much slower, and honestly, I had some heroes in D2 that used 3 sets of weapons. The W swap isn't really necessary.
Reply Quote
Because it was only used for Mf really. Switching to mf weps at 5% of boss hp wasn't very fun or interesting.
Reply Quote
i gave the real reason... even blizz stated that :p
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 04:57 PMPosted by ellisD
Blue confirmed it a long long time ago.

Er, no. That was part of it, but they also found that people were only using it for extra mf or buffs. Which allowed people to have all the upside of those items without actually using them
Reply Quote
oh you mean people got smart? yeah...leave it to blizzard to take away things THEY never thought of...

No I mean people were using it for something that it was not intended for.
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 05:13 PMPosted by SiNfamous

Er, no. That was part of it, but they also found that people were only using it for extra mf or buffs. Which allowed people to have all the upside of those items without actually using them

oh you mean people got smart? yeah...leave it to blizzard to take away things THEY never thought of...

inorite, next they'll remove duping.
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 05:14 PMPosted by D3BETA

what was it intended for? attacking? pffft get outta here
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 05:23 PMPosted by SiNfamous
They should make two versions of this game....a Gamers Edition...and a Children's Edition. see which one sells more...

but then the children would buy the gamers edition and would cry all day long ... we have to protect them :3
Reply Quote
what was it intended for? attacking? pffft get outta here

You're telling me that they intended for the sorc to be able to stack mf without sacrificing killing speed?

Using an elemental weapon on switch as a melee char was quite useful btw.
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 05:14 PMPosted by D3BETA

kind of like the skill system is now? you can respec to counter a boss or a tough pack of monsters whenever you feel like it.
Reply Quote
games these days!! rawwwwwrrrrrrr
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]