Diablo® III

PvP in Diablo 3

85 Troll Rogue
With the current PvP system kind of limited to "Kill total Deathmatch" and "Duel Style" what other PvP types would you like to see in the future?

In terms of replayability, I think these will be great features, but I would love to see a few more gametypes put in.

Alterac Valley Style: Doing quests and controlling/destroying waypoints/spawnpoints to push towards your enemies "General".

Super Monday Night Combat Style: Push forward past "turrets" and "robots" to destroy the enemy generator. You can collect currency in the game to summon more powerful "robots" to help you complete the task as well as purchase buffs and turret repairs.

Just a few ideas I think would work great with how Diablo is setup. I don't think Capture the flag would work all that well but these are definitely styles that would fit in with the game.
Reply Quote
One suggestion I've seen that I like is spawning monsters in among the players, forcing you to decide which to deal with first (and risking the other one doing who knows what as you deal with the first).
Reply Quote
Most popular for the future will be FFA, CTF, and king of the hill. There will probably be more with updates.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
No healers? Look at this Monk build man! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#iRXhSU!ZYf!bcYZab <---healing and immunity to the max with ridiculous spirit regeneration. Although you would have to replace Inner Sanctuary with something like Dashing Strike for mobility.

Anyway, I love the "Endless Wave Survival" idea...with bosses that get harder and harder every X amount of waves.

King of the Hill/Objective based DM is also a plus!

There are so many types of gameplay and allowing people to choose what they enjoy is a great thing. Any capture the flag doesn't seem to be viable with how D3 is built though.
Edited by Jaale on 2/26/2012 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 09:15 PMPosted by D3BETA
Most popular for the future will be FFA, CTF, and king of the hill. There will probably be more with updates.

are these confirmed to be in the game? would be cool
Reply Quote
EDIT: ah it's already been said

PvP should allow more players
up to 8 or so

since, if you play with your party of 4, wouldn't you want to face some other party of 4?
Edited by koondad on 2/26/2012 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 09:18 PMPosted by D3BETA

are these confirmed to be in the game? would be cool

No but its always possible lol.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
PvP should allow more playersup to 8 or sosince, if you play with your party of 4, wouldn't you want to face some other party of 4?

Already said the PvP would be larger, possibly up to 5v5 matches. Because there is no per player monster difficulty increase.
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Jaale
PvP should allow more playersup to 8 or sosince, if you play with your party of 4, wouldn't you want to face some other party of 4?

Already said the PvP would be larger, possibly up to 5v5 matches. Because there is no per player monster difficulty increase.

that's good to know
other PvP mode suggestions:
Juggernaut - one player is picked at random as the juggernaut, gaining enhanced buffs, and must survive against the other players. Longer you survive as the juggernaut, the more points you earn, up to a set value when you win. The player who kills the juggernaut becomes the juggernaut

Captain mode - one player is picked as the captain for each team (enhanced buffs). The team to kill the other teams captain wins. all other players respawn on death, except captains

(Troll mode) Freeze tag: lol.
Edited by koondad on 2/26/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
  • CTF
  • Domination/Capture Points
  • Assault (objective based offense v defense)
  • Juggernaut (One player is super-powered v all other players, whoever lands the killing blow gets to be Juggernaut, whoever has the most time as Juggernaut by the end wins)
  • Competetive PvE (whoever kills the most monsters wins)
  • Old School (start off with only one basic skill, grab spellbooks or hit shrines to gain more skills and passives, you lose them all on death)
  • Payload

• Cooperative PvE outside the regular game in the form of a Horde style, wave after wave of enemies would rule, too. Make a boss the last wave, give rewards for beating him.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]