Diablo® III

SKILL CALCULATOR BUGGED

You can put any skill you want on the calculator. Please fix. Its not categorized.
Reply Quote
Elective mode allows any skill, so there is no bug.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/27/2012 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
They should advise people who use the calculator that it is using elective mode to achieve your results. Even then you cannot put ANY skill in any slot(just most)in game. If the calculator is now allowing that then it is bugged. They should also advise people that by placing any secondary skill you will forever loose the ability to use the basic attack skill in either mode.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/27/2012 3:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 03:38 AMPosted by Joshua
seems blizzards new ui hand holding seems to only be confusing ppl

Too true.

a) If there's going to be this whole 'elective mode' thing, then the toggle should be right on the window for builds (both in the skill calculator and in game)

b) was this really a necessary step in game design? I'm pretty sure it was easy enough to figure out how to play without knowing what blizzard thought constituted a 'primary' skill etc...
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
as far as I know, the skill categories are only a polite reminder that if you don't have a good balance of abilities, your build will probably be bad. It's not going to force you into it, and if it does, I'll be pissed
Reply Quote
It's not going to force you into it, and if it does, I'll be pissed

By Default the game does force you to use categories. Elective mode lifts the restrictions for most skills but not all. Some skills are still not assignable to some slots in elective mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]