Diablo® III

Do you guys think this would work?

What if I were to stack around 30 damage returned to attackers along with 12 yards on gold/orb pickup with some health regeneration and gold find and then I just stood a Barbarian (highest base strength for strongest armor) in the middle of an infinitely respawning area?

Like, the 4 bone pillars on the way to Skeleton King or maybe a bunch of those guys who come out of the paintings?

Would bring a new meaning to the phrase "afk farming" if it worked.
Reply Quote
Interesting idea
Reply Quote
berry berry interesting...
my guess is that blizz has already identified this exploit (if you want to call it that), and have put things into place to prevent it
Reply Quote
monsters that spawn infinitely usually give no exp/drops
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 03:31 PMPosted by D3BETA
monsters that spawn infinitely usually give no exp/drops

02/27/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Cosmo
monsters that spawn indefinitely give no exp/drops

fixed.

This is not true. Go try it yourself with one of the Tomb Guardians.

Edit: Ok, it might be true. They stopped spawning stuff for me after awhile, but they did yield gold when I was killing their spawns.
Edited by Bergtau on 2/27/2012 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Tomb Guardians don't spawn indefinitely they cap out at around 10-20 spawns, it is true, ones that spawn indefinitely don't give experience, tested it myself.

Edit: Also, after seeing that video on 3306 kill streak from the bone flags, I tried doing it with a char under 13 to test streak experience, and if the monsters being killed give no experience the streak gives no experience as well.

Streak experience probably has some formula based on total experience gained from said monsters killed during streak.
Edited by Kaito on 2/27/2012 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Kaito
Streak experience probably has some formula based on total experience gained from said monsters killed during streak.

Interesting, thanks for the info! Not that I'd sit around trying to get streak XP (afk or otherwise). I just like the information.
Reply Quote
These are the types of questions the beta testers should be asking themselves, not question like "what class do I wanna play first?"

We want as few exploits in at launch as possible.

This ^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]