Diablo® III

HC Dueling Idea

02/28/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Amandalyie
Also, prohibit the accept screen from popping up in the middle of the screen, and only being able to initiate while out of combat, to counter people trying to grief others by attempting to initiate a duel the other party did not mean to initiate via an unexpected pop-up during combat, for example.

Better yet if you are going to allow "sparing" or "dueling" period why not just put some sort of arena outside of one of the towns and make it so they can only be initiated there and once you accept the gates close and no running away.

eliminates spam, griefing, and little girls.

I understand the option won't be in release and also that the game is definately not being balanced around pvp, but I can see why people out there would very much like the option to beat on of there friends down for bragging rights.

I thought about it, but a dedicated arena just feels like a bit much. If you want to duel someone to the death, usually it's about something immediate, and having to go somewhere else won't make it seem as visceral. Or, you could just have the people teleport to an arena upon acceptance, but I'd prefer just being able to challenge someone to a death-duel right then and there, and if they accept and run away, it should show up as a cowardice badge or something :P
Reply Quote
lul ppl want to play hc yet they scurd of losing their chars.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't play HC if it was like this. HC is fine the way it is.

If you don't like it, it's not for you.
Reply Quote
Honestly, HC dueling with perma-death will be fun at first, but seriously what kind of fool will enter a battle knowing that either you or your opponent will permanently lose their character at the end.
It wasn't uncommon for High Level HC players to duel in D2. I saw it a lot. 85+ with good gear(you don't want to loose). It's not for everyone obviously, but then again, you don't have to do it. You can duel in SC if you can't handle the heat.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 11:41 PMPosted by D3BETA
On top of that, as long as you trust someone in the game, you wont even lose your gear.

Have they confirmed if players will be able to loot corpses in hardcore? If so, hopefully there is a toggle for on/off...
Reply Quote
If you play Diablo for dueling then the game isnt for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]