Diablo® III

Why I believe in auto stats.

85 Undead Death Knight
My first reaction to the auto stats was largely negative, I liked the freedom in being able to choose the direction of my character.

What changed my mind is the many great systems available to alter you character further. With the Talisman system, the Mystic you can customize your character even further!

I'm sure there are many more systems coming, that blizzard will never shave down, or remove.

Everyone remember this argument?
Reply Quote
plz dont bring this up again ...

iam happy that this topic finally died :|
Reply Quote
The talisman 'system' is supposed to come back after release in a different form, so let's not write that off yet - it was simply redundant with the current items. I haven't heard anything regarding the mystic.

Considering that through level 60, there are 300 stats that could be otherwise assigned if they were not fixed (which is misleading, as you would have to distribute some points to most stats, so you really can't distribute that whole 300). With items, you can effectuate a distribution of 900 stat points (that number was tossed around somewhere). Even at 50% of that number and given the same limitation about where you distribute that applies to your base 300, you can change such a large portion of the stats your character leverages that the importance of distributing that 300 is largely mitigated.

That said, any further limitation of what you can do will lend significant credence to the threads concerned with such.
Reply Quote
Stats have been offloaded to gems.

Since I know you're obviously an intelligent individual who is not interested in making ignorant, uninformed statements, I'm sure you'll appreciate this link.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3811455085
Reply Quote
I think the most important thing to note is you're only allowed 10 characters. Imagine having to delete your level 60 chars just to change a few stats :S Not necessary in D3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]