Diablo® III

DH lack of ranged defense

Anyone concerned the DH has no defense versus ranged attacks? Obviously, mobility is a defense, but I don't know if it is enough. Wizard for example has wave of force, slow time, and diamond skin as options. Witch doctor has limited options also, (jungle fort.) but I think having minions out should provide good defense vs range.
Reply Quote
I see mobility as being sort of the defining defensive mode for the DH. Vault works well, with the recent patch, and smoke screen could be used effectively. Also, range attacks are generally easier to avoid than melee, so I don't see this as a problem.
Reply Quote
02/21/2012 12:40 PMPosted by TaigaKirdApe
Anyone concerned the DH has no defense versus ranged attacks? Obviously, mobility is a defense, but I don't know if it is enough. Wizard for example has wave of force, slow time, and diamond skin as options. Witch doctor has limited options also, (jungle fort.) but I think having minions out should provide good defense vs range.

Being a ranged class, you should have enough time to dodge incoming attacks.

I just played a DH last night wearing a grey weapon and no armor, and was able to get through the beta pretty easily at lv 7 without getting killed.

At higher levels vault can probably fill any gap. Even if you vault through a projectile, you won't take damage from it.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
the only thing I am really worried about ranged wise is if we ever enter an area filled with skeletal mages, or a group of mobs who shoot a high speed projectile magic attack somewhat similar to the lord guys who can summon skellys in beta.. by them selves they are not that hard to dodge, even 2 of them are still easy, its when you have 6-7 of them in a 4player game that I can see that style of projectile kicking your butt. Then agian I doubt they want us to be splitting up alot in a 4 player inferno game like people do now looking for the crypts or w/e people did in d2 b4 enigma.
Reply Quote
If you can see and dodge all ranged attacks it will be fine. But won't there be ranged attacks like the archers in D2 where it's basically instant attacks. Thats what I am referring to.
Reply Quote
In the later levels it will probably be necessary to plan out an attack on a scary group of ranged monsters, rather than attack first and try to react from there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]