Diablo® III

Opening Cinematic Controversy...

It's fresh, therefore very hot. Then the blue is just the heavenly glow left over after the red heat goes away. :) My theory anyway.
Reply Quote
Uh, if you play the beta one of the heroes says that the hole left by the fallen star seems to be imbued with some kind of magic.

Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
02/26/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Gartlan
A witch!! It's a witch.

I'm sorry that statement/quote was lost on me.

It's one of the more famous Monty Python quotes that we used to quote a lot when I was in High School (yeah, I'm getting old, lol!).

You can watch it on you tube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

You get fun quotes like this:
BEDEMIR: What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEMIR: A newt?
VILLAGER #3: I got better.
VILLAGER #2: Burn her anyway!
CROWD: Burn! Burn her!
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 09:47 AMPosted by D3BETA
Where is the controversy exactly?

EVERYWHERE.

FROM EVERYONE.

ALWAYS, NO MATTER THE SUBJECT.

Welcome to the Diablo 3 forums, the only place on the internet where more concentrated stupid exists then on 4chan.

i like
Reply Quote
More then likely it's the magic that was being eminated by the falling star since it obviously was magic 'cause it awoke the SC & Diablo.
Reply Quote
Because what color does books, wood and most everything else burn as?

Red or Orange.
OP actually has a super-valid argument here.
Something so hot such as a star would have to be at least 1 and a half times larger than our sun and burn at over 25,000 degrees Kelvin which is around 44540.6 Fahrenheit. I'm sure this star is burning much more higher than that above its surface as all stars do. Given the size of the star impact in the game, the hole left is no more than 300 feet wide which would be the equivalent to a 15 mile-wide crater (yeah, I did the math) at 60 degrees. Gravity from Earth would also speed it up a bit too.

To sum it up, the answer is: It's a game.

When someone says "falling star" even in real life, they mean meteor/comet, not an actual star. If the "falling star" crashes to earth, it's a meteor. This particular meteor happens to be 15 miles wide (relying on your math). :)

Wait a second.... Our sun is a star, so a random star could be bigger or smaller than our sun.

It fell, it was hot, the wood caught fire = red.
It stayed for a while, it cooled down, no more fire = it's actual color = blue.
Edited by Shiva on 2/26/2012 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]