The first dislike the new system intensely due to:
- Death of leveling theme builds.
- Massive impact on Hardcore mode.
- Arbitrary level requirements.
- Lack of control/choice over unlocks.
The second either likes the new system, is willing to accept it or just doesn't want the game delayed again (which I totally understand).
I believe that there is an easy way to satisfy both camps, keep the game as newbie friendly as before and allow us at least some control over our characters in a way that will take minimal time to implement.
Basically - Every 9 levels the player gets one 'free' unlock and can choose *any* runeskill to unlock and use regardless of level requirements.
- Casuals and Newbies are unaffected, since runes will continue to unlock at normal pace.
- Those of us wanting to level as theme builds will be able to do so *much* more effectively.
- We have much more control over our character's progression
- There is still something to look forward to.
- This should be very simple to implement with minimal delay.