Diablo® III

A Simple Solution/Compromise To Runeskills :)

i often don't like repeating myself Starbird, so you can read my solution here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4081814631

But am with you that the current system needs attention.

why is everyone offering suggestions to change to rune system, it's fine, and it works well, everyone's ideas are either terrible, or just unnecessary

people don't understand that blizz doesn't want you to have a static build while leveling, they want you to experiment and find other ways to play than simply using the same skills for 60 levels

Because...we disagree? Other people may have different viewpoints to you. This does not mean they are wrong.

Blizz will NEVER use anyone's suggestion in these forums, I'm just saying, they've been working on the game for 6 years, they've thought about all possibilities, you came up with your idea in less than 10 minutes, seriously they aren't going to change it to what you want, just deal with it
Reply Quote
every 9 levels is reasonable enough for me sound like a good idea
Reply Quote
Old system allowed us to play with all rune effects before the end of normal.

No. Not at all. Runes was random drop. You could play hell without seing the runes you want....
That is a fact. And yes, im that mutch unlucky.
The first three ranks of runes which dropped in normal dropped "like candy" according to the developers so yes we could play with all the effects in normal. Try knowing what your talking about before posting.

Edit: For the people who can't understand that people like leveling with a certain build with a toggle you are completely immune to change so please stop bombarding the rune suggestion threads with your idiotic "no this is stupid" "games already done" "coolstorybro" posts or actually provide a reasonable counter-argument.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/26/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/26/2012 06:45 PMPosted by sonofabeck
every 9 levels is reasonable enough for me sound like a good idea

TERRIBLE IDEA NO, you're saying this guy has come up with a better rune system after 10 minutes than blizzard has after 6 years? GET REAL people

Beck, you are just trolling at this point and have been reported as such. Blizzard have and do use suggestions from playerbase. They have said so multiple times.

Go. Away.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/26/2012 06:48 PMPosted by DarkGollumQC
Old system allowed us to play with all rune effects before the end of normal.

No. Not at all. Runes was random drop. You could play hell without seing the runes you want....
That is a fact. And yes, im that mutch unlucky.

You could have bought rank 1s cheaply on the AH and they dropped super frequently.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

TERRIBLE IDEA NO, you're saying this guy has come up with a better rune system after 10 minutes than blizzard has after 6 years? GET REAL people

Beck, you are just trolling at this point and have been reported as such. Blizzard have and do use suggestions from playerbase. They have said so multiple times.

Go. Away.

No, they don't, and not after they've said they aren't making anymore changes until after the game is released..

and thanks for false reporting
Edited by sonofabeck on 2/26/2012 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Because...we disagree? Other people may have different viewpoints to you. This does not mean they are wrong.

Blizz will NEVER use anyone's suggestion in these forums, I'm just saying, they've been working on the game for 6 years, they've thought about all possibilities, you came up with your idea in less than 10 minutes, seriously they aren't going to change it to what you want, just deal with it

Blizzard have changed things many times based on suggestions, both internally and externally.

Some good ideas just come to you and need refinement. Others come from planning and discussion. Both can be valid and, so long as they are expressed clearly and politely, deserve at least respect.

You on the other hand seem to be about 11 and I certainly hope that you continue your current spam posting patterns and earn yourself a long forum vacation.
Reply Quote

Blizzard have changed things many times based on suggestions, both internally and externally.

Some good ideas just come to you and need refinement. Others come from planning and discussion. Both can be valid and, so long as they are expressed clearly and politely, deserve at least respect.

You on the other hand seem to be about 11 and I certainly hope that you continue your current spam posting patterns and earn yourself a long forum vacation.

They listen to people, as in they might change something based on negative feedback, but they aren't going to use your suggestion :)
Reply Quote

Go. Away.

No, they don't, and not after they've said they aren't making anymore changes until after the game is released..

Also reporting. You really need to calm down and make an effort to at least give a point of view rather than "OP is stupid you are all stupid I am angry you are wrong".

Please find me one blue quote where they say that they are no longer taking any suggestions from the playerbase about Diablo 3.
Reply Quote

Also reporting. You really need to calm down and make an effort to at least give a point of view rather than "OP is stupid you are all stupid I am angry you are wrong".

Please find me one blue quote where they say that they are no longer taking any suggestions from the playerbase about Diablo 3.

find it yourself, it's there
Reply Quote
The first three ranks of runes which dropped in normal dropped "like candy" according to the developers so yes we could play with all the effects in normal. Try knowing what your talking about before posting.

That doesn't give you 100% to get the runes you want. I could want a say ''alacrity'' ( Not a runes, i know) but drop like 100 runes that aren't alacrity during normal.

You don't get 100% to get one. Even if you get 90% to drop one every time you kill a enemie, and it sure was alot lower than this, you can still kill 10000000 enemie without having one you want to drop....

For the people who can't understand that people like leveling with a certain build with a toggle you are completely immune to change

The fact still there. They won't change it. It not like they didn't know some people want to choose what runes to unlock.

I will bet dollars to doughnuts that the rune skill system goes under at least one more revision before release.
Edited by Rainbird on 2/26/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote

A cursory look over blue quotes for the last few days has nothing saying "we don't take player suggestions and will not be changing anything under any circumstances".

Again - I say, prove it. Making a claim contrary to common knowledge (that Blizzard does care about player feedback) places the burden of proof on you.
Reply Quote

A cursory look over blue quotes for the last few days has nothing saying "we don't take player suggestions and will not be changing anything under any circumstances".

Again - I say, prove it. Making a claim contrary to common knowledge (that Blizzard does care about player feedback) places the burden of proof on you.

your wording is a little descriptive, but if you look you'll see they don't plan to make any major changes before release
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Just about everything is set as it will be at release. There will certainly be tweaks here and there, and some small improvements, but no, we don't have any current plans to change the chat channel interface.

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2. We have to apply value to the additional time it would take to address a small amount of requests for a change, and it just doesn't outweigh releasing the game.

Found quote enjoy.
Reply Quote
you found a quote about chat channels congratulations.

02/26/2012 06:59 PMPosted by DarkGollumQC

That doesn't give you 100% to get the runes you want. I could want a say ''alacrity'' ( Not a runes, i know) but drop like 100 runes that aren't alacrity during normal.

You don't get 100% to get one. Even if you get 90% to drop one every time you kill a enemie, and it sure was alot lower than this, you can still kill 10000000 enemie without having one you want to drop....

For the people who can't understand that people like leveling with a certain build with a toggle you are completely immune to change

The fact still there. They won't change it. It not like they didn't know some people want to choose what runes to unlock.

Love how you know more about the developers themselves about the drop rate of 5 different kinds of runes. You can't just SAY something isn't going to happen and thats fact that isn't how discussion or even remotely intelligent thought works.

The FACT is that they flip flop like crazy and don't have the best of ideas at times (i'm looking at you skill UI) and yes things are subject to change.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Just about everything is set as it will be at release. There will certainly be tweaks here and there, and some small improvements, but no, we don't have any current plans to change the chat channel interface.

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2. We have to apply value to the additional time it would take to address a small amount of requests for a change, and it just doesn't outweigh releasing the game.

Found quote enjoy.

So...you found a quote about chat channels. And even this one says there will be tweaks and improvements before release.

Grats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]