Diablo® III

New To the Diablo Series. I have a question

90 Human Paladin
Hello everyone. I am currently branching out my interest in Blizzard games and I have currently gotten Diablo 2 to play. But I'm sure none of you care, and my question has no relevance to that.

So my one question is about Diablo 3 in actuality. So, We know all the character classes, but what are the chances that an expansion would add more classes? IS it very likely or has it been done with the other Diablos? Cause personally I was a bit disappointed with a lack of a knight/ paladin class.
Edited by Agnorr on 2/26/2012 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hello everyone. I am currently branching out my interest in Blizzard games and I have currently gotten Diablo 2 to play. But I'm sure none of you care, and my question has no relevance to that.

So my one question is about Diablo 3 in actuality. So, We know all the character classes, but what are the chances that an expansion would add more classes? IS it very likely or has it been done with the other Diablos?

The only real expansion in Diablo history was D2:LoD... it added two classes to the lineup. The assassin and the druid.

But seriously why are u talking about an expansion? The game isn't even out yet?

With that said. Who knows? Blizzard may have plans but I doubt it.

Well, I edited my OP. It was a question due to my disappointment of a lack of a knight/paladin class. And IDK, I get a head of my self a lot, so I'm sorry if it bothers you.

But thank you for answering part of my question.
Edited by Agnorr on 2/26/2012 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Use a barbarian with a shield. It is fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Mach
Use a barbarian with a shield. It is fun.

Definitely Will do that. I have no problem with using any of the current classes, I was just curious. I am also a geek when it comes to knights/ paladins.
Reply Quote
The monk is very similar to a paladin class, Holy DPS/Heals/ Auras or Mantras if you will. Plus they have good punchy combat (pun intended).
Reply Quote
The classic "sword and board" class does feel noticeably absent in Diablo 3. The Barbarian just doesn't fit into that role very well.

I think the problem with these types of classes is that they are hard to make sexy. In many RPGs, they are incredibly strong and useful, but sort of boring.

I have a feeling that Blizzard wanted to spend more time on this class in order to figure out an approach that is both fun and innovative. Expect it in the expansion.

Yeah I agree I see dawning a shield only in the case if mobs start hitting really hard, which will probably not be until Hell or Inferno.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The classic "sword and board" class does feel noticeably absent in Diablo 3. The Barbarian just doesn't fit into that role very well.

I think the problem with these types of classes is that they are hard to make sexy. In many RPGs, they are incredibly strong and useful, but sort of boring.

I have a feeling that Blizzard wanted to spend more time on this class in order to figure out an approach that is both fun and innovative. Expect it in the expansion.

Well that's something to think about. I certainly hope that it is something that they will add. I'll also just add I like the more "Sophisticated" plate/melee class, one with more clothing. Then again, I'm still just going to play the game for what it is when I get it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Joshido
The monk is very similar to a paladin class, Holy DPS/Heals/ Auras or Mantras if you will. Plus they have good punchy combat (pun intended).

Like I stated before it's not really the whole "Holy" Thing. It's just a more sophisticated armor wearing melee class.
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Agnorr

Like I stated before it's not really the whole "Holy" Thing. It's just a more sophisticated armor wearing melee class.

Ahh I see, well armor is much different in Diablo 3 then it has been. Lets say you pick up a magic piece of plate mail looking armor playing your barbarian. Unless that armor is class specific, it would look like a cool cloak if you gave it your Demon Hunter, or it would look like a cool robe if put on a wizard.

As I can tell from the beta the only class that has a class-specific chest piece is the Demon Hunter, Monks have monk only fist weapons and bo staffs etc.

There are no armor classes suh as lether, plate, chain etc in Diablo that pertain to certain classes, at least not in the beta anyway.
Reply Quote
Sorry if that is hard to understand...but only Uniques and (class only) items are specific to a certain class. I think this is done to promote uniqueness in look and in builds.
Reply Quote
71 Human Hunter
I'm in the same boat with the OP honestly. I really miss the Paladin class here. The Holy Protector thing is what I like the best in RPGs. It's the closest thing to being able to play an Angel.

I sincerely hope they add a Pally class in during an expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/26/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Joshido

Ahh I see, well armor is much different in Diablo 3 then it has been. Lets say you pick up a magic piece of plate mail looking armor playing your barbarian. Unless that armor is class specific, it would look like a cool cloak if you gave it your Demon Hunter, or it would look like a cool robe if put on a wizard.

As I can tell from the beta the only class that has a class-specific chest piece is the Demon Hunter, Monks have monk only fist weapons and bo staffs etc.

There are no armor classes suh as lether, plate, chain etc in Diablo that pertain to certain classes, at least not in the beta anyway.

Oh, I understand that. I know that the armor changes based on class, I just was wishing for a more noble or sophisticated night class that would have armor aesthetics to resemble that.
And I hope everyone understands what I'm getting at. If not I can explain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]