Diablo® III

My idea for the skill runes

Some people (including myself) are disappointed that skill runes unlock at different levels. If i want to level only as an ice wizard or rocket DH, too bad so sad. You have to wait till you are the appropriate level to unlock those skill runes.

My suggestion is when you unlock a skill, you have all skill runes available. When you select a skill rune, you are stuck with that skill rune for your level. When you level up, you may select a new skill rune or keep the one you have.

It does pose a problem at later levels when it might take 12+ hours to level and you selected a skill rune that you find to be ineffective at the time, but im completely open to new ideas about how this system could change. Like perhaps the Nephlam Alter makes a return but instead of changing skills at it, you can change skill runes. Skill runes are still all available when you unlock a skill and a permanent until you reach an alter.

Edit: spelling errors
Edited by SNES on 2/26/2012 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
anyone else think this would be a good idea?
Reply Quote
Some people (including myself) are disappointed that skill runes unlock at different levels. If i want to level only as an ice wizard or rocket DH, too bad so sad. You have to wait till you are the appropriate level to unlock those skill runes.

My suggestion is when you unlock a skill, you have all skill runes available. When you select a skill rune, you are stuck with that skill rune for your level. When you level up, you may select a new skill rune or keep the one you have.

It does pose a problem at later levels when it might take 12+ hours to level and you selected a skill rune that you find to be ineffective at the time, but im completely open to new ideas about how this system could change. Like perhaps the Nephlam Alter makes a return but instead of changing skills at it, you can change skill runes. Skill runes are still all available when you unlock a skill and a permanent until you reach an alter.

Edit: spelling errors

I like the system, lets you try other builds out while working towards what you want, and I think D3 will encourage people to play with different skills based on the situation
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]