Diablo® III

Release date discovered?

This post:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4505292/The_Portrait_of_a_Champion_Contest_is_Coming-2_21_2012#blog

There was a discussion on it on these forums somewhere but it seems to have disappeared...

Some people postulated that the release date is hidden inside this post. The post is strange because the contest has no end date, requests that the photo resolution be no larger than 1600x1200 (an outdated and odd resolution), and that the files be no larger than 5mb's.

Put the numbers in order, remove the zero's, and you have 5/16/12 (A Wednesday). A possible release date? I'm surprised this has not been brought up all over these forums... There was one thread about it, but it seems to have been deleted for some unknown reason.

Blizzard has definitely not been known to delete threads that speculate on release dates. They're all over the place. Why would that particular thread get deleted? Is this thread in danger of meeting the same end?

EDIT: There's also this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Jay-Wilson-Diablo-3-StarCraft-2-Blizzard-Bashiok,14801.html

Though I don't hold much hope for that one.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/26/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pigeon.

Psychology.

That's all I need to say.
Reply Quote
Looking for release dates in screen resolutions now? Sad.
Reply Quote
or it will come out in 16/12/5242880
5242880 is the number of bytes in 5MB.
Reply Quote
Really? No one is the least bit curious about this?

The post is unlike EVERY other contest post Blizzard has ever made. The date correlates with the proper release date window for D3 as well as releasing on a day that Blizz releases games on (Wednesday).

Then there's the fact that the other thread about this was deleted.

Is everyone so jaded that they're unwilling to even consider this a remote possibility?
Reply Quote
Blizzard does delete threads on speculative release dates all the time. Just recently they deleted those on the G4 video speculation, and they have done it before.
Reply Quote
Really? No one is the least bit curious about this?

The post is unlike EVERY other contest post Blizzard has ever made. The date correlates with the proper release date window for D3 as well as releasing on a day that Blizz releases games on (Wednesday).

Then there's the fact that the other thread about this was deleted.

Is everyone so jaded that they're unwilling to even consider this a remote possibility?

1. Blizzard releases games on Tuesdays
2. The date format would be incorrect 16/12/5
3. Blizzard doesn't play games with release dates, they're just bad at them.

You're right about the Tuesday thing, I was mistaken.

Obviously the format would have to be swapped around due to the fact that there isn't a 16th month...
Reply Quote
I don't think blizzard would hide a release date in resolution sizes lol.
But who knows ;)
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Runeword
a beautiful mind

the number 23
Reply Quote

http://static.arstechnica.com/starcraft2_soldier.jpg

This reminds me back when SC2 was coming out and there were numbers projected on this soldier's face (sorry I can't find a larger image) that, if divided by 3, replaced with letters, rearranged to make a french word, etc, they would make a date in June 2010. They were dead wrong.

Btw you posted 1 hour before me and if you take that and multiply it by 41612 (numbers I found on my calculator), you get 41612 which is 4/16/12.

!
Reply Quote
http://static.arstechnica.com/starcraft2_soldier.jpg

This reminds me back when SC2 was coming out and there were numbers projected on this soldier's face (sorry I can't find a larger image) that, if divided by 3, replaced with letters, rearranged to make a french word, etc, they would make a date in June 2010. They were dead wrong.

Btw you posted 1 hour before me and if you take that and multiply it by 41612 (numbers I found on my calculator), you get 41612 which is 4/16/12.

!

It's like Philosophy, there's no end to an argument
Reply Quote
I lol'd
Reply Quote
[quote]
1. Blizzard releases games on Tuesdays

Not Always.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]