Diablo® III

Jay's Twitter Hints at Release Date?

I usually loathe topics like this but I could barely believe this quote, straight from Jay's Twitter:

"The Mayans weren't counting down to the end of the world, they were counting down to the release of Diablo III. :)"

For those unaware, if we were to take this literally, that would make the release date 12/21/2012. Could this be true, or is Jay just making a funny comment about the Mayans prophesying the coming of the game?

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
it is a joke

if the release was that far away, they would be able to make bigger changes than what his last message about the game, and a release date, would suggest.
Reply Quote
That's just him making fun of the mayan dooms day prediction. The games much more closer to being done than a december release.
Reply Quote
Geez. I sure HOPE it's a joke. Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest or anything, but it just seemed like a pretty straight forward statement. Hopefully, I'm making something out of nothing like your average, info starved Blizz fan(atic). :)
Edited by Magnus on 2/27/2012 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Probably just him making a joke. Don't take twitter posts as something ''official''.
Edited by Dixpointun on 2/27/2012 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Magnus
Geez. I sure HOPE it's a joke. Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest or anything, but it just seemed like a pretty straight forward statement. Hopefully, I'm making something out of nothing like your average, info starved Blizz fan(atic). :)

You pretty much said it there.

Something out of nothing.
Reply Quote
Do you work for Blizzard?

How do you know these things?

You don't!
because they said they are pushing for release, no more big changes, sticking to everything as it is on the latest internal build except for bug fixes.
Reply Quote
because they said they are pushing for release, no more big changes, sticking to everything as it is on the latest internal build except for bug fixes.

They are pushing to announce a release date...

That doesn't mean the release date cant be in December...

What if Activision says "We want MoP to come out before Diablo 3?"
Why are you trying so hard to push your beliefs on us?
Use some logic. It's not going to take until December to be released.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
1) Jay knows that with him throwing this out, forums will go ape-sh**.

2) Which puts the whole community in (pseudo) uproar, fixated on an end of the year release.

3) Which makes it all the more pleasing when the official release date is loooooong before December of this year (conference call said Q2 target).

4) Bash has said an inordinate amount these last couple days on why the decisions they've made on customization make sense. Seems to be kind of a primer before all of us (not in the beta) get our grubby little hands on it.

5) All of it seems pretty positive.

6) imho
Reply Quote
I will bet every bone in my body it's nowhere near a december release.
Reply Quote
If they release it on that date I'll be mad bro. It is a joke to make us wait that long.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Looks like Jay trolled all of you pretty hard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
"December?!? No way! 2nd quarter! Mayans got it wrong!"

Twitter #2 from Mr. Wilson.

This is, as they say, straight from the horses mouth. It comes from Jay, it's gold.

Q2 people.

ftw
Reply Quote
I'm going to kiss Jay on his horse mouth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]