Diablo® III

Hardcore limitation, why ?

Hello,

I just don't understand why there is a limitation about Hardcore mode.
I don't get why I have to play through the game once in normal mode so I get to unlock this feature.
I can't consider playing in softcore mode, and I feel that it could turn out to be really boring to have to go through Normal mode twice.

This is just an unnecessary limitation here, I don't get it!
Reply Quote
If you think going through normal mode twice is boring, HC probably ain't for you.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Doom
I don't get it!

That's because you didn't use the search function.

They never actually gave a reason. They just said it's the way it is because they want people to experience the story... Which doesn't make any sense.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Miraa
If you think going through normal mode twice is boring, HC probably ain't for you.

I don't see how the two are connected.

02/27/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Collateral
They never actually gave a reason. They just said it's the way it is because they want people to experience the story... Which doesn't make any sense.

Exactly.

The story can be experience while playing hardcore, I don't see the problem here. Sure it can get tricky cause you don't know anything about what's going to happen, but isn't it the point ?

If people wants to experienced their first play-through in softcore, I see no harm in that. But why force this limitation to the ones that want another kind of challenge ? That's the part I don't get.
Edited by Pamela on 2/27/2012 2:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
No confirmation on this - but I recall seeing a post somewhere stating there were new environmental "hazards" that nearly killed some players.

My guess would be they would like to make players aware through experience of some of these hazards (i.e. traps and whatnot) prior to digging into hardcore. I know for me personally it doesn't make a HUGE difference, but it might be nice to not get immediately slain by a trap for a hardcore player pressing through normal mode for the first time.
Reply Quote
[quote]

I dont see how the two are connected

So..you think your going to get thru nightmare/hell on your very first HC char without any prior knowledge of the encounters?

Good luck with that.
Edited by Soltharus on 2/27/2012 2:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Think of the Normal play through as being the proving ground that you are capable of playing the game without dying.

I mean... have you played the full game yet? How would you know how many times you are going to die? Do you know how the game is balanced? etc. ;)
Reply Quote

So..you think your going to get thru nightmare/hell on your very first HC char without any prior knowledge of the encounters?
Good luck with that.

That's what Normal mode is for. I am not asking to be able to jump in nightmare HC straight away, I am asking to be able to do my very first play through Normal in hardcore. What's wrong with that ?

Think of the Normal play through as being the proving ground that you are capable of playing the game without dying.
I mean... have you played the full game yet? How would you know how many times you are going to die? Do you know how the game is balanced? etc. ;)

I agree, but it would be my choice :) I'll go HC knowing exactly what I am in for. I do not assume or hope that it'll be a walk in the parc.
Edited by Pamela on 2/27/2012 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
so when in the first week the servers crash or a boss bugs out and kills you, youll accept that without hesitation and wont come running to the forums qqing or open a ticket trying to get your toon revived?

how many people that want this can say that?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
probably so noobs dont click that accidentally. they have said that most of there players only go through normal once then quit
Reply Quote
they have said that most of there players only go through normal once then quit

So because the game sucks so bad that it cannot retain people, the Hard core people get to suffer even more? Still doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
While I understand the fact that Blizzard wants to draw in as many players as possible to enjoy their game, nobody is forcing anybody to click on the "Hardcore"'s icon.

Let the player choose.

If we want to take those risks it is our decisions. Blizzard shouldn't decide how some people wants to play.
Edited by Pamela on 2/27/2012 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Hardcore was limited to 1 playthrough in Diablo 2 as well. Quit complaining.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 04:33 AMPosted by Jaale

Yeah, well I though this game was the sequel, not a copy.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Miraa

This made me giggle.

/sips coffee
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
02/27/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Pamela

You must not be familiar with these forums. The hip thing to do is to complain that it isn't exactly like D2.

I'm pretty ok with having to play through on softcore for the first playthrough. I'd like to be familiar with all the game systems, all the kinds of things that can kill you, before I jump into HC and get killed by something due to lacking knowledge of how the game works. I'm not saying everyone should feel like that, it's just my point of view.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Luphold

You must not be familiar with these forums. The hip thing to do is to complain that it isn't exactly like D2.

I'm pretty ok with having to play through on softcore for the first playthrough. I'd like to be familiar with all the game systems, all the kinds of things that can kill you, before I jump into HC and get killed by something due to lacking knowledge of how the game works. I'm not saying everyone should feel like that, it's just my point of view.

I get it, but why be opposed to a system that let you do whatever you want to do?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]