Diablo® III

Basic Attack Removal: Intentional?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I hope that it did not make it into the patch as an oversight. I like to do unusual things like play melee demon hunters/wizards (sometimes) and also when fighting the skeleton king it would be nice to be able to pop a few guys with my sword while I regenerate mana on my witchdoctor.

(I've duplicated this post from another forum because it seems this one is a bit higher traffic)
Reply Quote
and everyone should be able to wear fancy feathered hats too, just for fun!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You could do it last patch which is why I brought it up. The wizard has melee animations :P
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 04:18 PMPosted by DinoX
and everyone should be able to wear fancy feathered hats too, just for fun!

Read the subject, opened the topic, this was the first thing I saw. I lol'd...and now I'm leaving.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Basic Attack hasn't been removed from the game, though it is currently unavailable in Beta Patch 13. The development process is all about iteration, and in the beta specifically, the result can sometimes lead to situations where certain mechanics aren't available or are implemented in a way that's not totally complete -- at least temporarily.

In later builds, we're looking at having Basic Attack as an option under "Primary" in the skill UI, which will (by default) assign it to the left mouse button. Also, as many players have already noticed, your hero will default to Basic Attack if there aren't sufficient resources to power a given spell or ability.
Reply Quote
Basic Attack hasn't been removed from the game, though it is currently unavailable in Beta Patch 13. The development process is all about iteration, and in the beta specifically, the result can sometimes lead to situations where certain mechanics aren't available or are implemented in a way that's not totally complete -- at least temporarily.

In later builds, we're looking at having Basic Attack as an option under "Primary" in the skill UI, which will (by default) assign it to the left mouse button. Also, as many players have already noticed, your hero will default to Basic Attack if there aren't sufficient resources to power a given spell or ability.

IT HAS SPOKEN.
Reply Quote

You guys are really committed to this fail UI aren't you. Same with the laughable Chat Channels.

in before someone bombards a blue with a problem they personally have.

CRAP!

Use vent like an adult.
Reply Quote

I don't care about basic attack, but thanks for updating everyone about it. This will be great news for those of you concerned about it!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Finally an answer on auto attack. =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome, thanks for the response!
Reply Quote

idea though, since it can be a bit hectic when one runs out of resources, and while I definitely like defaulting to basic attack when that happens. being also blasted with a bunch of warnings and resources that you dont have enough resource available until you do every time you attack...well...is there a way to cut down on that? It would be nice to just enjoy the fact that you at least can still attack and not have to be constantly screamed at when you want to use your melee attack via a currently unuseable skill.
Reply Quote
Lylirra, will they be moving the elective mode checkbox to the Skill pane?
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Druid
Wondering if they are going to put Fundamentals back now.
Reply Quote
02/29/2012 11:30 AMPosted by DarkGollumQC
Derp. Me who was hoping that the beta was mosly done. You seem to imply that many more patch will come :dead:

I don't really care if the Beta is done or not. I care about the game.

Hoping for a finished Beta....bahahahaha. You're so silly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]