Diablo® III

Building a new PC for D3

I am building a new PC for D3 and other future games. My last PC would have run D3 but did not meet the recommended settings. Here's what I've put together. Am I missing anything?

Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
GeForce GTX 560 1GB
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SATA III SSD
1TB Sata HD
16 Gigs Ram
Blu-Ray Burner
Antec Case and Power
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Reply Quote
ellisD

Get the evga gtx 560 ti 2win

I got this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130661
Reply Quote
why not wait for ivy bridge processors?
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 09:34 PMPosted by ellisD
Your old PC might only need a gpu update, what are the old specs?

I still need the old PC for Media work I do. I just wont be using it for games anymore. I'm building an entirely new PC. I've done it before, but I always forget to buy something...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
why don't you just spend half of that. i paid 700 for my comp 1.5 years ago and it can run d3 beta at max settings just fine.
Reply Quote
If it's just for gaming, you won't find much difference between the i7-2600 and the i5-2500 as well as 16 GB RAM and 8 GB RAM
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 09:36 PMPosted by ShadoWMatriX
why not wait for ivy bridge processors?

2 reasons. 1. If you get in the habit of waiting for one feature or another to come out when building a PC, you'll find there's always something else to wait for. Eventually, you gotta show your cards.

2. Never buy the cutting edge stuff, it's always overpriced and buggy.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 09:38 PMPosted by D3BETA
If it's just for gaming, you won't find much difference between the i7-2600 and the i5-2500 as well as 16 GB RAM and 8 GB RAM
I got the 16 gb of ram cause it was inexpensive and figured I'd just fill up my memory slots.

The i7 was more just wanting as much power as I can get while staying in budget.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Eriu
why don't you just spend half of that. i paid 700 for my comp 1.5 years ago and it can run d3 beta at max settings just fine.

Well, I started off wanting faster load times on SWTOR, so I started looking at SSDs. I wanted as fast a data rate as I could get from an SSD so that meant Sata III. Which would mean new Mobo and at that point, I figured it was just time to build a new PC (It's been 4 years since I built my last).

I still plan on keeping my old machine because of some media work that I do that requires old peripherals that arn't 64bit compatible.
Reply Quote
I don't know why anyone would get a i7-2600 over an i5-2500k for gaming.

The non "k" processors are like literally a trap.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Yolo
Diablo 3 isn't a game you build a computer for. Period. Build a computer that can run next-gen games.

Did you miss the "other future games" part? My current rig loads swtor at and extremely slow pace and I plan on playing GW2 and whatever the hell else comes out over the next 3 years without having to look at the requirements on the box.
Reply Quote

Cause I have no interest in overclocking my PC ever. I just do not want to deal with that.
Reply Quote

Cause I have no interest in overclocking my PC ever. I just do not want to deal with that.

5 minutes to clock it is like 2% of the time it takes to put your computer together and get it running. That's seriously lazy, lol >_<
Reply Quote

5 minutes to clock it is like 2% of the time it takes to put your computer together and get it running. That's seriously lazy, lol >_<

Melted several processors in my day. I'm old and just don't want to deal with that shiz anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]