Diablo® III

CVG Fails at BetaKey Giveaway.

100 Human Warlock
Computer and Video Games.com
Due to attempts by unscrupulous individuals at flooding our Diablo III beta key giveaway with automated bots, we have had to suspend the 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm & 11pm batches of keys today.

These keys will instead be given out tomorrow at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm once we have taken action to ban these individuals and put enhanced security into place. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Reply Quote
Just read this, at least they are trying to keep it honest. Pretty sad what people are going too just to get into a beta lol.

If they announce a release date, I don't even try to get into anymore beta contests.
Reply Quote
Ya because it working so well anyways. Real honest that if your closer to them in the uk your about the only ones with a chance.
Reply Quote
The blame actaully goes to Blizzard.

CVG wanted to do one big randome giveaway of their 1000 keys at once, but were told by Blizzard they had to do it over 2 weeks. So they had to try and find a way to do that.

Now, so far. They have not been doing a great job. But they are trying.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The blame actaully goes to Blizzard.

CVG wanted to do one big randome giveaway of their 1000 keys at once, but were told by Blizzard they had to do it over 2 weeks. So they had to try and find a way to do that.

Now, so far. They have not been doing a great job. But they are trying.

Wow, thats kinda crappy news. lol. Im not surprised by people setting up BOTs for the giveaway. Really sucks. Hopefully the announcement of the release date comes soon.
Reply Quote
The improvement in their system between yesterday and today is massive. I think the contest will be fine.
Reply Quote
Protip: IF you are trying to give away something.

Make sure your contest is automated spam proof.

Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Yea, there needs to be someway to authenticate that person who won the key to the e-mail on his b.net account to verify it aint some bot trying to sell the key. If the key aint used within 1 day, i say put it back in the pool. Because for all of us legit people who wanna test the beta we would activate that key to our b.net account within 2.3 seconds of getting it.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Druid
I'm just happy for another chance to get in. And more so that they at least are doing something about bots.

As for being closer to them in the UK in the other thread someone said they received one and they are in NYC
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]