Diablo® III

Uhhh patch notes?

Well, patch notes said nothing about us getting Strafe and Grenades being at level 13.

They also never said anything about changing when you get Shadow Power (30% IAS skill) and never once said the basic functionality has completed changed?

I was happy about Strafe but now i'm very very sad about Shadow Power.. :(
Reply Quote
4 abilities that I was going to use in my build got nerfed. >_<

Entangling shot, Impale, Shadow Power, Marked for Death... Guess I'll have to work on my ability picking :P

I was considering using preparation, and it got buffed. Last slot was for a companion, I don;t know how those will turn out.
Reply Quote
See thing is... Shadow Power could have a rune to get the IAS. We don't know yet, and won't for awhile!

Strafe seems like a hatred sucking bad skill IMO.. We'll see though with decent DPS :P
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Priest
ROFL strafe sucks so bad..only thing it's good for is clearing a room full of barrels.
Reply Quote
Strafe is really good once you get your dps and level up. it dose the same thing as chakram though will kill things on the low levels if your up on a higher platform
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/19/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Trisee
ROFL strafe sucks so bad..only thing it's good for is clearing a room full of barrels.

all those who can continue moving while spamming damage arrows that dont path, and always hit a target in range, raise hand?
Edited by Korba on 2/19/2012 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
People that say strafe gets better when you get your DPS up...

Guess what? Strafe will be equally weak at high levels in Inferno as it is low levels in Normal. It really is a bad skill from what I can tell. Uses way too much hatred for the little bit that it does.

When you have 40dps, against level 8's, every skill is going to seem beastly.
Reply Quote
See thing is... Shadow Power could have a rune to get the IAS. We don't know yet, and won't for awhile!

Strafe seems like a hatred sucking bad skill IMO.. We'll see though with decent DPS :P

I wanted shadow power with the + move speed runed, now at best I can only get either move speed or attack speed (assuming those are both rune options).

I honestly though strafe was absolutely horrible when i tried it, I actually almost died while using it, when normally I don't even hit 80% hp, LOL. I'd rather manually kite then use it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
it's x3.5 times normal attack speed at 15 hatred for 1.00 aps
34.2% weapon per arrow @ ~4.28 hate each.

it is like RF, but 1/2dps for these features

no initial cast cost, (set return of 8% damage per hate, Impale is 10% per hate)
auto targets
hits instantly (there is no 4-6 frames of "shoot" motion, the first shot is out instantly)
prioritizing mobs > vessels.
fires through impassible objects/collision/gates (but not through walls)
ignores changes in height/level/floors
with movement e.g. you can fire while moving away or toward a destination

The skill has many advantages in many situations as it distributes damage around you as you move away from scattering mobs, and you can also drop traps while using it.

if you think it is a bad skill admit you might be the issue; you don't know what you are talking about.
Edited by Korba on 2/20/2012 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
If it's a good skill, it's very hard to notice in the beta. We don't know how it will be at later levels, but for a hatred spender right now i'd rather use almost anything else.

It's cool it ignores changes in height, and it's always fun to mess around with.. But I don't like a hatred spender that does less damage than my generators. I'd assume at higher levels, with all other spenders unlocked, not many people will use Strafe.. (Unless some of the runes make it more useful)
Reply Quote
I got to level 13 DH and i don't mind it Rapid fire uses so much hatred at first no one complains about that its not bad i think its better then rapid fire huge aoe range it will clear trash mobs easy
Reply Quote
I prefer rapid fire as a single target skill than Strafe.

If I wanted to damage multiple enemies i'd have them group up mildly and use an AoE attack. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 02:23 AMPosted by D3BETA
I don't like a hatred spender that does less damage than my generators.

Hungering arrow +55% pierce rune is 11% stronger than RF on a single target. The math alone proves this
damage/ (1-not pierce) = 255% (prob caps at 4 pierces though, so 232% avg)

but some low dps FRAPS(25fps) tests vs Mira demonstrate she is dead 20-30% faster with Hunger > RF channeling (prob damage rounding is whats really making that discrepancy so large)
Edited by Korba on 2/20/2012 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]