Diablo® III

How chat should look.

02/20/2012 09:39 PMPosted by D3BETA

I hope that blizzard will not feed they Avatars nostalgia.

I hope so too, because frankly it makes it a cluster of crap that isn't even useful. Just enable right click "inspect" if you want to check out gear, no need to put this stupid '98 style of avatars sitting in the bottom of the screen.

Hmmm Modern booooy....
Whoa I missed this thread. Yeah I was just trying to play around for a few hours and see what could be done. I'm not a pro UI/UX designer or whatever, but after seeing the latest channels D3 got, I wanted to experiment...

I agree it is a bit cluttered, and sure maybe it is a bit 'nostalgic' putting the avatars in. All I did was look at D2's bnet, take D3 images, and cut/shuffle around. I'm sure Blizz could design it a lot better/cleaner/slicker than me... but the goal was to see what would happen if I tried haha... and maybe make the opening login a bit more 'social'. I had hoped Blizz would have made something even cooler than a simple lineup of avatars... but that's as far as I went in my mockup here.

As far as party avatars, I imagined they would replace the chat ones at the bottom while you're in a party (and could be switched back etc).

D3's current channels are separate to your normal chat box; to me that was quite strange, so that's why it's all in one in my design. Some have suggested moving it to the right, and putting the game/main-avatar stuff on the left... certainly a good idea but Blizz always puts chat on the left...
Edited by D3BETA on 2/20/2012 11:22 PM PST
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/anniversary/

"Remember:
Dying to Duriel in Act 2?
The Secret Cow Level?
Transforming items in the Horadric Cube?
“Tyrael’s” conversation with Marius in the asylum?
Seeing other characters decked out in amazing gear in Battle.net chat?"

THIS is what I'm talking about. Plus it adds more of a community vibe with the physical presence of the classes/gear/gender, as described above in the 15th anniversary of the Diablo franchise. It's half of what Diablo 2 was back in the day before duping and botting had started, which I hope wont happen in D3. This current setup is lacking and makes the player feel isolated from its fellow players and the D3 community. And I think that the big screen is very nice and smooth to read rather than the current setup that is small and feels out of place. Naming/owning your own chat channels for easy use for friends or for a clan was ideal for no matter who's playing. If you don't care don't use the channels. Don't kill the PC community. It also brings back some pretty good memories.

Side Note: We should be able to name our own games too, or at least have the option to have a description for the game besides invite only games. This matchmaking only system is kind of a pretty big bummer.

Side Note #2: BLIZZARD. Please. I beg you. Please stop making this game for the console, these recent changes totally feel like it's driving the game towards a console feel.

I know, it's beta. All this can change when game comes out. Chill.

ALSO THERE ISN'T A CHAT GEM?!?!?! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING BLIZZARD!!!
90 Human Paladin
Looks nice. +1 and liked.

Honestly, while there are some things from Diablo 2 that people need to let go of and realize that they can't last forever, this feels like it's something that should be kept and included.

Nicely done =)
yes please
100 Troll Warlock
I dont care what you do but the community wants an updated d2 chat room system for diablo 3 with avatars and stuff we want to show off our gear somewhere other than just joining public games
wow thumbs way up, good stuff.
BRILLIANT, no really! I like it!, a lot better than the current system.
clean that up just a little bit, maybe add bnet balance information etc.... / transaction history for AH (sold/won items etc/notifications).

Great idea, but I just slapped w/e info I could on it around the chatbar and what is already in their bnet. The specifics don't really matter as much, as those can always be changed like to what you suggest :D
i will be disappointed if they dont at least respond to this thread...its such a great idea and if they ignore us it just shows who they 're becoming. selfish money blind..sry to say.
Blizz needs to see this.
im sure they have...
'We look to Diablo’s legacy and the passionate player community for inspiration"
look familar bliz....
this must happen make a 9/10 game into a 10/10 game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!im sure blizz knows we want this.
Posting to show my support. Well done.
the funny thing is that this is the most positive thread in the forum..........
Really well done. +1
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]