Diablo® III

How chat should look.

100 Troll Shaman
I think it looks rather nice, and whoever made it did a good job with the mockup. Would I want it in the game? Absolutely not. I don't want to see any public chat channels ever, at any time, and the current design is pretty good for people like me. In WoW I keep them cordoned off into their own little tab and I only check that tab once every few days for very specific reasons. I don't play games to talk to other people who aren't already my friends, but I do realize the irony in making a forums post about it.
Edited by Vger on 2/21/2012 10:41 AM PST
They don't want a new player to be thrown into something this overwhelming. If you had never played a Diablo game and this is what you saw when you logged in, you wouldn't have a clue what to do or press.

Something *like* this would be great.

Would I want it in the game? Absolutely not. I don't want to see any public chat channels ever, at any time, and the current design is pretty good for people like me. In WoW I keep them cordoned off into their own little tab and I only check that tab once every few days for very specific reasons. I don't play games to talk to other people who aren't already my friends, but I do realize the irony in making a forums post about it.

Ideally, this would be what you see only *after* you click to "join public chat". The current character select screen would still be the default view right after logging in.
Edited by WirtsLeg on 2/21/2012 10:45 AM PST
I do like this as an improvement as well. It's everything I would want it to be, but my concern would be Blizzard's take on it. They don't want a new player to be thrown into something this overwhelming. If you had never played a Diablo game and this is what you saw when you logged in, you wouldn't have a clue what to do or press.

why don't we make this game easy enough so that blind ppl can play too?
for christ..... stop dumbing it down. This is exactly the way it was in D2. did ppl press "leave chat" instead of "play" when they wanted to join a game? what is wrong with ppl these days.
All getting dumber and dumber ?

@Vger Good, you can simply click leave chat and the whole chat window will dissapear. Problem solved?

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side here...but we have to convince Blizzard to implement it and from where they are sitting it's way too "busy." And I don't want yet another option to have "Simple GUI" or "Advanced GUI" because that is getting rediculous too!
I do like this as an improvement as well. It's everything I would want it to be, but my concern would be Blizzard's take on it. They don't want a new player to be thrown into something this overwhelming. If you had never played a Diablo game and this is what you saw when you logged in, you wouldn't have a clue what to do or press.

Are you srs? Why do people on this forum think humans are so incapable of critical thinking? Humans are not monkeys, we have the most intelligent brain of any animal.
This please. This would enhance my enjoyment of diablo 3.
The fansite you copied this from really put a lot of work into this and it shows.

I hope Blizzard moves closer towards a design like this, showing character portraits and having a much enlarged social setting for their players.

+1 to the creator
Not taking credit but Blizz should do something like this.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/page__p__761410#entry761410

I logged in to say MAKE THIS HAPPEN PLEASE GOD PLEASE.

also, perhaps be able to browse auction house on the right side while chatting on the left side.

Make this game a community, not a ghost town with some million other people, in which you occasionally come across 3 other strangers in random games.
I also would appreciate a blue to comment on this. Thank you.

bump
I just don't understand why can't they make the BNET UI looks this cool and exciting? This is like a real upgrade!

I never liked SC2 and D3 BNET UI because it's lonesome; no spark when you log on, and no real social aspect that will encourage you to actually be social. (the social aspects help keeps the game alive for ages..no doubt)

This image looks very promising and exciting! I would love for the D3 bnet UI to be exactly like this or even better!

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
+1 +1
LightningAce

Exactly. Maybe have a button to open the chat room, which is like the screenshot.

We also definitely need named public games.
Not taking credit but Blizz should do something like this.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/page__p__761410#entry761410

I logged in to say MAKE THIS HAPPEN PLEASE GOD PLEASE.

also, perhaps be able to browse auction house on the right side while chatting on the left side.

Make this game a community, not a ghost town with some million other people, in which you occasionally come across 3 other strangers in random games.

That is exactly what i think of the current bnet UI for D3 and SC2.."A ghost town with millions of other users."
that does look cool

/sips coffee

seeing it populated with 1million people wouldn't be lol.

INSTA CRASH
OMG YES, BLIZZARD YOU MUST IMPLEMENT THIS NAOW!!
02/21/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Callouswrath
Hey BLUE... lets see it... BLUE BLUE BLUE.. i dare you!

I imagine they won't respond. They're in meetings over in EU :)

(Hopefully they just browse the forums during those meetings and see what the community really wants!)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]