Diablo® III

Can somebody explain...

When wielding a 1h weapon with say...15 dps I have an overall dps of say, 23. However when I apply an offhand of a much lower dps, say a 7 dps dagger, my overall dps actually goes down. I'm trying to remember earlier today what the change was, I believe it went from something like 17 to 14 after putting on my second weapon. What is the reasoning behind this?
Reply Quote
your character alternates weapons when attacking. So if u have 1 good weapon he'll always attack with it. If u have 1 good weapon and 1 sh!t weapon, he'll alternate between both of them so the sh!t weapon drags your overall dps down.

The benefit of DW is it gives you a 15% attack speed bonus, so it's good when you have 2 good weapons. However if your 2nd weapon is to sh!tty, the 15% attack speed doesn't compensate enough for it.
Reply Quote
Appreciate the response. +1
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Here is a good video that explains how dual wield works. TianZi did hit the nail on the head with his simple explanation though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vke_bm42cNI
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]