Diablo® III

DPS question

I just noticed a drop in my DPS when I equipped a 4.0 DPS x-bow in my offhand. I had a 1-h x-bow of 8.0dps and when i equip the 2nd x-bow my DPS goes down? is this the way it's supposed to be?
Reply Quote
Yup it is suppose to be like that. There are numerous threads concerning the exact same issue, it's intended alright. Some serious calculations about, i won't repost them cus it's done by some math geek already xD

Might consider a min/max damage equalized build in dual weilding hand xbows, and that the attack speed on the weapon counts towards up and downs of overall DPS, among other factors.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/21/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
even though some of the animations are both hands at once, your damage works as if you shot one at a time

things like +damage, elemental, and increased speed are only for that weapon; the weapons tooltip calculates those to give each weapon their specific DPS.

the main benefit for dual wield:
mf% and Dexterity, which are for your character, not your weapon.
a flat 15%** speed increase (which can be helpful for hatred generation)

**so 1.00 -> 1.15, or 2.00 aps -> 2.3

the draw back is you should never equip a weapon that is < 74% the DPS of your stronger, the 4.0 is far too weak, so as you shot right hand, then left hand, the weakness of the 4.0 is costing you avg damage. Your char DPS listing is trying to tell you that, (intended)

also with patch 13, quivers are much better for damage, make/find them with as much +dmg /dex as possible. i.e. "single wield"
Edited by Korba on 2/21/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
even though some of the animations are both hands at once, your damage works as if you shot one at a time

things like +damage, elemental, and increased speed are only for that weapon; the weapons tooltip calculates those to give each weapon their specific DPS.

the main benefit for dual wield:
mf% and Dexterity, which are for your character, not your weapon.
a flat 15%** speed increase (which can be helpful for hatred generation)

**so 1.00 -> 1.15, or 2.00 aps -> 2.3

the draw back is you should never equip a weapon that is < 74% the DPS of your stronger, the 4.0 is far too weak, so as you shot right hand, then left hand, the weakness of the 4.0 is costing you avg damage. Your char DPS listing is trying to tell you that, (intended)

also with patch 13, quivers are much better for damage, make/find them with as much +dmg /dex as possible. i.e. "single wield"

So I'm a bit confused about which offhand is better to use. Does the increased DPS of using a 1h xbow + quiver outweight the benefit of increased attack speed (but less dps) using dual xbows? For instance, two craftable level 13 1h xbows or just one + journeyman quiver.
Edited by Mooshupork on 2/22/2012 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

two craftable level 13 1h xbows or just one + journeyman quiver.

Theoretically, two perfect slingshots with 7ias, 40dex, 1-3 elemental damage + good hatred regen are "superior" given the regen factored and long fight

as for what I recommend, see fig 1.
http://screencast.com/t/9KQJ06s11ygy

way easier to get a superior quiver + a fair slingshot quickly and at 169 dps, things are dead before hatred regen really starts to become a significant issue... (maybe if the SK had 10k life)

you should certainly continue to try your luck with making more slingshots, they are lvl 13 rares after all. good luck
Edited by Korba on 2/21/2012 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

as for what I recommend, see fig 1.
http://screencast.com/t/9KQJ06s11ygy

Wow, very impressive! I've only managed ~80 DPS on my DH atm, but I've only just recently hit 13. Also, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]