Diablo® III

3/2/2012.... release date announcement?

On Friday, 2/17/2012, we were introduced to patch 13, a patch that appears to have shown us the final build, or nearly the final build, of the game.

On Friday, 2/24/2012, we were introduced to the new skill calculator, showing us how our future characters may very well be built and function. We were also presented with a letter from Jay stating that a release date for the game is in the "near future".

On Friday, 3/2/2012, will we receive a release date from Blizzard? Regardless, it is looking like a late March, or early April release is likely.

I'm super excited! I've been waiting to play this game for a very long time and I bought a new PC in late September when I thought the game was no more than a couple of months away. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did such a thing...

Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed and lets tone it down with the whining and complaining. This game will be here before we know it and we'll all be ecstatic! Well, most of us anyway...
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 09:29 AMPosted by KilgoreTrout
Well, most of us anyway...

Even the haters... me included sometimes will all line up on release day and play the heck out of D3 :)
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 09:29 AMPosted by KilgoreTrout
On Friday, 2/17/2012, we were introduced to patch 13, a patch that appears to have shown us the final build, or nearly the final build, of the game.

Pretty sure Jay basically said that statement isn't true.
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Lessthnone

Pretty sure Jay basically said that statement isn't true.

Fact. Patch 13 is not what Blizzard is playing.
Reply Quote

Fact. Patch 13 is not what Blizzard is playing.

True, in latest post from Jay he said the beta patch is good, but the internal game is great.

So their version is probably alot better
Reply Quote
Sometimes people forget what a beta is.
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Mach
Sometimes people forget what a beta is.

Please tell us.
Reply Quote
get to work Matt! =D
Reply Quote
This game will be out by May.

(Been saying this since August 2011...)
Reply Quote
Blizzard's last 4 game releases:

The Burning Crusade:
Announced official release date Thursday 11-9-2006 released Sunday 1-16-2007
68 Days after announce

Wrath of the Lich King:
Announced official release date Monday 9-15-08 released Thursday 11-13-08
59 Days after announce

Cataclysm:
Announced official release date Monday 10-4-10 released Tuesday 12-7-10
64 Days after announce

Starcraft II:
Announced official release date Tuesday 5-4-2010 released Tuesday 7-27-2010
84 Days after announce

Based on the information above, if an official Diablo 3 release date were announced 3/2/2012, the release date would be approx. Thursday, May 10. Or sometime between Monday, April 30 and Friday, May 25.
Reply Quote
2 makes a pattern?
Reply Quote
Blizzard's last 4 game releases:

The Burning Crusade:
Announced official release date Thursday 11-9-2006 released Sunday 1-16-2007
68 Days after announce

Wrath of the Lich King:
Announced official release date Monday 9-15-08 released Thursday 11-13-08
59 Days after announce

Cataclysm:
Announced official release date Monday 10-4-10 released Tuesday 12-7-10
64 Days after announce

Starcraft II:
Announced official release date Tuesday 5-4-2010 released Tuesday 7-27-2010
84 Days after announce

Based on the information above, if an official Diablo 3 release date were announced 3/2/2012, the release date would be approx. Thursday, May 10. Or sometime between Monday, April 30 and Friday, May 25.

The past doesn't always have to dictate the future.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 09:23 AMPosted by KilgoreTrout
The past doesn't always have to dictate the future.

I agree, but I think you're setting your hopes too high for anything earlier then a late April release at this point. No reason to set yourself up for disappointment. If the release date somehow, against all odds, bucks the trend it'll be a nice surprise instead of a (another) bitter disappointment.
Reply Quote
LATE MARCH RELEASE IS NOT LIKELY! It's not even possible. You really should educate yourself on the matter before you post.

Last 4 Blizzard releases have averaged 67 days from announcement to actual release. April is unlikely as well if announced in March. Don't anticipate the game to hit stores before May, June is the most likely month.

Also, I would not anticipate an announcement until the end of March on the official release date.

I've always thought being educated on game release dates was important. Thanks for the motivation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]