Diablo® III

I'm confused on what the Trade-offs are in d3

What choices do you have exactly other than choosing a character.

You eventually get every skill in the game through level.

I haven't looked into this I just want to know what choices I have.
Reply Quote
you choose which skills you are going to use, just like in D2
Reply Quote
6 skills max at a time, 3 passives at a time.

6 rune selections for every skill.
Reply Quote
You have no choices. All your skills (with runes even) can be mapped to every button on the keyboard. Sometimes you just have to hold ctrl or alt though. No choices are in the game.

I am of course joking but this sounds like a silly question to ask
Edited by Glassfist on 2/26/2012 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
you can choose what items you use
Reply Quote
There are no tradeoffs.

Or more clearly stated, the concept of "opportunity cost" doesn't exist in Diablo 3.
Edited by Collateral on 2/26/2012 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can choose to sit back and blow demons back to hell. And you can choose to enjoy it.
Reply Quote
you can choose:

3 passive skills
6 runes for each skill (can't have the same skill though as far as I can tell)
softcore/hardcore
3 companions to choose from when you're playing solo

I think that's about it
Reply Quote
you choose how you would like to kill. im confused, what more could you want. you have 100+ skills per class to choose from that create a multitude of fundamentally different play styles, and then you can personalize your fundamental style down further by throwing in a skill or rune that works better for your style that others may not have considered.

you also get to choose what stats to min max, though this will obviously be more limited as there are only 4 of them. that said, the other suffixes are not to be scoffed at. in beta alone you can create a character with enough thorns to one shot ppl. later you might be able to have a big enough health orb pick up radius that it covers half the screen. its all in how YOU choose to play you character.
Reply Quote
You can choose

Which character
Which Sex
Which Skills
Which Passives
Which Runes
Which Gems
Which Items (if you farm enough)
To play hardcore if you want after completion on normal difficulty
Which dyes to color your items
Which style and look of your banner
Which companions

Lots of stuff as you can see.
Edited by Jimbo on 2/26/2012 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 10:01 AMPosted by D3BETA

You should look for it before asking on the forums through a new thread. Many people will try to help but they might miss many things, so I recommend you look for information at the "Game guide" corner (Diablo III > Game Guide). There you can find anything related to it, also check the skill calculator ---> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian
Reply Quote
Thats what I was trying to say.

I dont feel like my choices have ant meaning when I can switch skills all the time, while I dont have to focus on making any of them stronger than the other.
Reply Quote
What choices do you have exactly other than choosing a character.

You eventually get every skill in the game through level.

There is plenty of choices to be made. People like to pretend that because you can change your mind about those choices at will that they aren't meaningful or not real choices. But those people have difficulty understanding the concept that if you have 10 shirts to wear, you have 10 shirts to wear. Regardless of how often you choose to change them.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/26/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Eh they'll listen to me, and make every rune rank 5, and make small charms that only work when 'socketed' into your rune skill, allowing +1 to rune skill (available in Hell, as rare as Um), and +2 to rune skill (available in Inferno, as rare as Ist). Then you'll get to choose which rune skills you want to power up, and if you ever want to change the skill, the charm is lost. Small charms will also have minor affixes. Then everyone will be happy forever.
Reply Quote
People worry too much about their character's identity instead of just having fun these days.
Reply Quote
Diablo's essence was not in the customization anyways. If people really want to get full customization they can go play skyrim, SWTOR, dragon age etc. etc. etc.

The main appeal of diablo was the gameplay and its theme.
Reply Quote
There are no tradeoffs.

Or more clearly stated, the concept of "opportunity cost" doesn't exist in Diablo 3.

This is a video game, not economics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]