Diablo® III

Hard to find: Character level (Single player)

On co-op mode, it's easy to locate your character level. It's on the top left hand side of the screen, along with the other human-controlled characters in the game and your companions(WD pets, ect).

In single player mode, all you have is your follower, and any summoned companions on the top-left hand-side of the screen. It's easy to see(as it should be) your followers level no-matter if you're in single player or co-op.

This patch I've been playing a lot more single player than I have been co-op, and I had trouble finding my character level since there is no avatar on the top left to tell me. It took me awhile to find it, but I eventually found it (top right of your helm in your inventory). It's tiny little white font, not the easiest thing in the world to see or to locate.

In D1, D2, WoW, finding your current level was easy. In D3 (single-player), I just think it's a little hidden. Especially compared to previous blizzard titles.

Can we get our toons avatar on the top-left hand-side of the screen at all times? No matter what mode we play.
Reply Quote
On co-op mode, it's easy to locate your character level. It's on the top left hand side of the screen, along with the other human-controlled characters in the game and your companions(WD pets, ect).

In single player mode, all you have is your follower, and any summoned companions on the top-left hand-side of the screen. It's easy to see(as it should be) your followers level no-matter if you're in single player or co-op.

This patch I've been playing a lot more single player than I have been co-op, and I had trouble finding my character level since there is no avatar on the top left to tell me. It took me awhile to find it, but I eventually found it (top right of your helm in your inventory). It's tiny little white font, not the easiest thing in the world to see or to locate.

In D1, D2, WoW, finding your current level was easy. In D3 (single-player), I just think it's a little hidden. Especially compared to previous blizzard titles.

Can we get our toons avatar on the top-left hand-side of the screen at all times? No matter what mode we play.

no, nobody wants this except you lol

really isn't hard to find, I was able to locate it right away
Edited by D3BETA on 2/26/2012 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 09:48 PMPosted by D3BETA
nobody wants this except you

I like how well thought-out and constructive this post is. You clearly brought a lot to this discussion.
Edited by Ace on 2/26/2012 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah I think to find out my level I was mousing over the experience bar and reading that tiny text.

It should be seen without having to press a button or mouse over something.
Reply Quote
open your inventory ... there it is ..

*facepalm*
Edited by D3BETA on 2/26/2012 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/26/2012 10:17 PMPosted by D3BETA

Another well thought-out and constructive post by D3BETA.

Were not talking about where it is, but how it should be easier to locate. If you're not gonna join the discussion please stay away from this thread D3BETA. I welcome people to argue that it shouldn't be changed. That's the point of this thread, to talk about it. Not post useless chat that doesn't contribute to the topic at hand.
Edited by Ace on 2/26/2012 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is it not available in your character statistics window? I honestly have no idea, but typically it can be found fairly easily - usually with the touch of one button.
Reply Quote
I agree that I couldn't find it at first. It could use a little enhancing I guess. Once you know where it is though, you know where to look.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 03:30 AMPosted by Randaull
It should be clearly visible in all modes and shown it the same way no matter what playing mode your in.

+1

Yeah I think to find out my level I was mousing over the experience bar and reading that tiny text.

It should be seen without having to press a button or mouse over something.

I didn't know about that one, then again prior to this latest path, I would pretty much exclusively only play co-op mode. Since this latest path, I've been playing a lot more single player.
Reply Quote
I'm sure someone will figure out how to mod D3. Might take a while longer though since there's no single player mode.

The character level thing is something that I noticed between going single player and co-op. Found it strange that I had to open my bags just to see what lvl I was. Hope that Blizz adds this before it goes live, but if not, I won't sweat over it.
Reply Quote

*facepalm*

Basically this. If anything, I'd rather not have my own unit frame in the upper left even when I am in a party. I don't need to see my life+resource in two different places, its redundant. I'd even rather have unit frames in the lower middle, right above the action bar (for instance), when grouped.

Much more aesthetically pleasing imo, not to mention more efficient for your eyes, so you only have to look one place (thats closer to the middle of the screen than the top left) to see all the info you need.
Edited by blitzkrieg on 2/27/2012 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Press 'i'...Do you keep forgetting what level you are?
Reply Quote
The character level thing is something that I noticed between going single player and co-op. Found it strange that I had to open my bags just to see what lvl I was

I agree. An easy fix would be a toggle option. For the people that want it on, or off in single player.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
02/27/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Hydro
Can not mod a game like Diablo, would be more cheating, it is a lot different then wow.

The World of Warcraft engine does not support static content modifications. Most of the sensitive data is on the server side anyways. There are a set number of functions (LUA code) that can be called in order to enhance the functionality of the game. This is by no means cheating. If I want my target cast bar somewhere else, I don't consider myself doing anything wrong. Its a play style. Many games today offer such flexibility such as Rift.

On the other hand, a mod-able engine like Skyrim is something else entirely. Adding the best weapons and armors at starting level and the likes is considered cheating in my opinion. Of course this is a single player game; just thought of it as an example.

When no change is done to the game's binary data, in memory or on media, how is that cheating?

It should be clearly visible in all modes and shown it the same way no matter what playing mode your in.

In my opinion, the character level is not required to be visible at all times. If you forget your level, you won't die.
Edited by Xpóvoç on 2/27/2012 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

no, nobody wants this except you lol

really isn't hard to find, I was able to locate it right away

I would disagree... I would want it. It use to be there before patch 13. A lot of times I find items that have a lvl requirement that I don't meet. Having it like the way use to be, would make it easy for me to decide to keep the item or not depending how far away I am to meeting the lvl requirement w/o having to open up inventory to check.
Edited by MerLock on 2/27/2012 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
it is easy to find, in your inventory window where your character stats are, no need to clutter up the user interface by making your level visible at all time, I don't think you need this to play, unless you forget what level you are after 3 seconds.

On my side, maybe I have a better memory than most but I can remember what level I am for more than a week before having to check...
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Underwear
no need to clutter up the user interface by making your level visible at all time, I don't think you need this to play, unless you forget what level you are after 3 seconds.

Has nothing to do with memory, like you and other people have suggested. It's more for convenience. Also if you compare the UI from single player and co-op, the only difference is the previously mentioned self-portrait.

Like I suggested earlier, a easy toggle option would satisfy everyone. As far as clutter, you're talking about 1 portrait. How is that clutter? If anything, the co-op screen is cluttered. Especially if you play WD. (4 players portraits, and 2 different types of pets = 6 portraits on your screen). Single player, is far less clutter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]