Diablo® III

Diablo Themed Beer?

Not sure if many are familiar with Rogue Breweries, most notably their dead guy ale. They're a very popular brewer here in Portland Oregon. As I was sitting at their brewery the other night I thought it would be an amazing world first to make a beer themed after a video game.

Thus, I suggest that after the game is released and stablized the Diablo team get together with Rogue, throw more than a few back and conceive a delicious and diabloic beer in honor of D3. I could envision a smokey red ale, or maybe a habanero IPA?

Any other ideas for Diablo Themed Beers?

Idea's Posted as of 2/28 - 2:53 PST
Thawing Potion
Atma's Ale
Geglash's Grog
Ale of the Fool
Horadric Pale Ale
Hell Forged Rumplemenitz
Diablo Normal
Diablo NightMare
Diablo Hell
Diablo Inferno
Diablo Hardcore - liqour
Diabloweiser

Edited by Galileo on 2/28/2012 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't get me wrong, I love craft beer. But I just don't think it fits very well. If beer was more prominent in the Diablo universe maybe, but I don't know of any references to beer.
Reply Quote
- ANZ
Thawing Potion.

Removes the chills and wards them off for 30 seconds with +50% cold resist and +10% max cold resist.

Also thaws out the stupidity that your brain is trying to freeze permanently for your own good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiAhu1ONKs&t=5m40s
Reply Quote
Check out Magic Hat seasonals.

Howl, Hex, Wacko, Night of the living dead. All spooky beers lol
Reply Quote
Here we go again with that cursed media getting in the way of our good ole fashioned fun! Stupid media, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I love this thread lol. A diablo themed beer, what a great idea!
YUM !!!
Reply Quote
Yeah I agree it would definitely be fitting for it to have some spice to it.

In fact, I'm sure if you tried you could find some Mexican beer called El Diablo or something similar :p
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It would be nice to make one IRL too hahaha. :)
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 08:57 PMPosted by D3BETA
Don't get me wrong, I love craft beer. But I just don't think it fits very well. If beer was more prominent in the Diablo universe maybe, but I don't know of any references to beer.

In Act 2, Atma ran a bar. There was also a drunk in there named Geglash who you could talk to.

So some suggestions:

Atma's Ale.

Geglash's Grog.

Right, but running a bar and ever interacting with beer are two different things. I never said alcohol doesn't exist in the world of sanctuary. It's just not prominent. Your hero never has the option of drinking. There are no beer or alcohol themed items or potions.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 08:57 PMPosted by D3BETA

In Act 2, Atma ran a bar. There was also a drunk in there named Geglash who you could talk to.

So some suggestions:

Atma's Ale.

Geglash's Grog.

Don't forget Farnham the Drunk in Diablo 1 :D
Reply Quote
Rogue Dead Guy Ale would probably do just as well for release night. Thanks for the idea!
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 08:53 PMPosted by D3BETA
The media would have a field day with an alcoholic beverage being tied to a game that teenagers, and younger, are capable of buying and playing.

world of warcraft has tons of alcoholic beverages in it.. and its rated teen.. this game is rated M.. I think it would be ok
Reply Quote
Not sure if many are familiar with Rogue Breweries, most notably their dead guy ale. They're a very popular brewer here in Portland Oregon. As I was sitting at their brewery the other night I thought it would be an amazing world first to make a beer themed after a video game.

Thus, I suggest that after the game is released and stablized the Diablo team get together with Rogue, throw more than a few back and conceive a delicious and diabloic beer in honor of D3. I could envision a smokey red ale, or maybe a habanero IPA?

I'm more of a cocktail fan, I'd love to see a Diablo themed cocktail. One caveat, it must be red.
Reply Quote
02/27/2012 11:35 PMPosted by D3BETA
Hell Forged Rumplemintz (liquor): "only death can save you from me"

I'm not sure if thats something you want to have on a label.. I've seen people drink them selves into hospital... It really is an unpleasant sight.
Reply Quote
There's a Devil's Ale brewed in Arizona. Four Peaks Brewery, me thinks?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

I freaking love the idea, And Rogue is actually quite big out here in New Mexico as well, I would have to say the Smokey red sounds good. Sort of like a Red Rye but add some smoked wood chips to add the smokiness MMM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]