Diablo® III

And Justice will fall onto the world of men.

From the book of cain's mention of the prophesy it stands to reason that Tyrael is the fallen star.
Any other guesses?
Reply Quote
95 Human Mage
From the book of cain's mention of the prophesy it stands to reason that Tyrael is the fallen star.
Any other guesses?

That is a popular theory, and one I currently support. I think Imperius kicked him physically (and meta-physically) out of the High Heavens.

Some folks have hypothesized that the meteor could be the Black Soulstone, but I personally believe (after reading the Book of Cain) that the Black Soulstone was hidden by the Horadrim in some location already on Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Well, Tyrael is the angel of justice, so that guess is quite interesting, and the most reasonable one so far.
It can't be the black soulstone, like Löri said. According to the Book of Cain, Zoltun Kelle went mad and wanted to have a soulstone and ended up creating the black soulstone; that's how I understood it. So the soulstone could be over at his archive, but then again, Tyrael just might've taken it.

Guess we'll have to wait and see :)

EDIT: BTW, in the book of cain it is written that the black soulstone is filled with: rage and hope, fear and valor.
So go ahead and try to figure this out! Are Imperius' and Auriels souls in there?
( I highly doubt that )
Edited by D3BETA on 2/28/2012 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Most likely no on their souls being in there. For now (Ominous). I've heard rumors of imperius being a boss in the game, so maybe you seal his !@# away.
And the black soulstone is likely to be in zoltun's hideaway, as that was one of the locations shown in Blizzcon. So im thinking you get the stone, seal imperius, as for rage and fear. well, that would mean mephisto still kicking around, unlikely, though diablo still has a fingerhold in sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Also i saw a thread where people were saying (ironically no doubt) that belial is posting as cain. Funny, but unlikely. Belial will most likely be the child king they referred to at blizzcon
Reply Quote
I really thing it's Tyrael, since he's the arch-angle of justice.
We all were 99.99% sure about him being the fallen star;
I just visited the old Diablo 3 website: http://eu.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml
There's Tyrael standing in the cathedral, back then I always wondered "why and how?".
Now I'm 100% sure that the fallen star is Tyrael.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's not just that it may be Tyrael, but it's literally the sign of a disaster that's coming--we just are not quite sure what happened.

The word disaster seperated into dis and aster from greek mean bad star, and that's what the game starts with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)