Diablo® III

An idea I just thought of for skils/runes.

1 Human Warlock
Theres been a lot of moaning and groaning over the current iteration of the skill and rune system. Im not here to discuss the rights and wrongs of the system but to suggest a modification that would potentially solve the issues held by both sides.

Basically every 3 or 5 levels or so, starting at level 15, you gain an elective skill or rune choice. This way people will have a good understanding of how to play by having a structured start, while keeping imba skills/runes out of lower levels of game play. This way most thematic builds should be complete or nearly so by the time normal difficulty is finished.

Those wishing for variety will have it, at least until endgame where realistically all competitive players will be identical no matter what system is in place. Those wishing for choices to matter will be able to make conscious decisions regarding the development of their character. Those who would make bad choices in a free skill point system are not punished nearly so hard as they will have a viable base of skills to start with that will grow progressively regardless of their choices.
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Alieree
while keeping imba skills/runes out of lower levels of game play

i stopped reading there ... you know nothing about diablo 3
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Also this has been posted about over 20 times.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
02/28/2012 11:48 AMPosted by D3BETA
i stopped reading there ... you know nothing about diablo 3

Your opinion of what I do or dont know does not affect the validity of the idea itself, pointless troll post.

02/28/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Slashwind
Also this has been posted about over 20 times.

There have been plenty of give us completely free choices thread but none with this specific idea that ive seen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]