Diablo® III

Items with usable class skills

Is there any chance there will be items like this in D3.

Items like Wolfhowl in D2 where a barbarian could use a couple of druid skills which made for a great build, and it was very unique. It would be nice to see items which gave classes skills that they don't normally have.

Wolfhowl: http://www.royd2.com/UseastNonLadder/helm/Wolfhowl/
Reply Quote
I agree, that was a very interesting mechanic that gave the game great versatility. I hope something like that returns in Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warlock
the problem i saw with that mechanic, although it was incredibly fun, made some items REQUIREMENTS for builds to be even remotely effective. fun itemization, but if they do bring it to d3, i hope it doesnt have as much of an impact
Reply Quote
I'd rather not have to put Enigma on everything except my sorc, no thank you. I say, keep spells/skills to their respective class.

Items like these would end up being required for certain classes and builds. Nah.
Reply Quote
03/16/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Irontata
the problem i saw with that mechanic, although it was incredibly fun, made some items REQUIREMENTS for builds to be even remotely effective. fun itemization, but if they do bring it to d3, i hope it doesnt have as much of an impact

I am not sure what you mean about certain requirements, all you needed was the helm in order to get that skill.

I'd rather not have to put Enigma on everything except my sorc, no thank you. I say, keep spells/skills to their respective class.

Items like these would end up being required for certain classes and builds. Nah.

This isn't about runewords. The helm was Barbarian only, only barbs could use it and gain that skill, and in turn making another viable build.

Certain builds are going to require certain items which take time to acquire. It is what makes those builds unique.

It happend with the set items too. IK barbs and Tal sorcs who used frozen orb.

In example, if the new tal rasha set increased cold damage by 15% as a four piece set bonus, the wizard wearing it wouldn't use all fire and arcane abilities. The build of that wizard would be to use the bonus to their advantage.

These +class skill items allow more unique builds to come about.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]