Diablo® III

Diablo and Lillith ?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4470589/New_Wallpaper_Available-2_14_2012

Now look at that and tell me, if the wallpaper is diablo...

The "You wil die, we promise" image.... seems to be a different Demon.

I will admit, they ressemble each other... but look carefully at the spikes coming out near the mouth...

It might be the same and its just the angle of the face but... What if we all assume we see Diablo... and its Lillith ?
and we've yet to see Diablo... he might be even scarier... o_O

Then again, the opening Cinematic, i'll admit, i kinda hope that Diablo cause he looks pretty mean ;p but... what if its Lillith hiding all this time.

What if Diablo is even scarier than that, he -is- the Lord of Terror... he should be the scariest looking of them all... he is -pure- Terror.

I'm not saying any of this is factual, i'm just theorizing, yet again ;p
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The horns seem... completely different...

One has tiny horns near the eyes.. the other seems to have outward curving horns near the jaw.

THey look alike, i'll give you that... but i wouldnt be surprised if it isnt the same Demon.
Reply Quote
If that is the case then i could also say that the box art for Diablo III is a different demon because it is black and not fully red. I think it is safe so say that they are both Diablo. Other than the direction of the facial horns all of the other features are the same. The picture from the "you will die" posture seems to be an image of what he looks like in one of the older Diablo III cinematics.

We have seen Diablo in the first and second game and i don't think they would design a demon that would have such a striking resemblence to Diablo.

There is also a picture of Lillith in the Book of Cain that looks nothing like Diablo. She is cleary feminine and has a very humanlike body.

In the Book of Cain it is also said that Inarius banished her from Sanctuary and i don't know if she can come back yet. Personally i just don't think it all fits.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

There is also a picture of Lillith in the Book of Cain that looks nothing like Diablo. She is cleary feminine and has a very humanlike body.

In the Book of Cain it is also said that Inarius banished her from Sanctuary and i don't know if she can come back yet. Personally i just don't think it all fits.

She had been banished and came back to unlock Uldyssian's powers.
She can clearly come back :P

aaaaaaand.....
from the Book of Cain

"She morphed into a far more horrific form than any had ever seen -- of tooth and claw, of spke and blade- and hunted down her fellow renegades."

So... we dont really know what she looks like in full demon crazy mode.

:D
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I liked the previously proposed idea that it's a merge of Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto.
Reply Quote
The you will will die image appears to be a screen directly from one of the first cinematics we got to see for Diablo 3, I'm positive that is Diablo. Now comparing it to the new wallpaper they do look a tad different but I'd have to say its also Diablo. Lilith tho would be interesting
Reply Quote
Well, in the first two games. we only seen diablo take on a appromixation of what his true form would look like. Now that the Worldstone is destroyed, perhaps what we are seeing is Diablo in his truest form. If anyone read the book of Cain, it is said that not even other demons can stay in diablos realm very long without going insane themselves.

In other words, we never seen Diablo,Mephistos or Baals true form. Mainly because the worldstone/bodies they inhabitated were holding them back
Reply Quote
Baal looked completely different on the box art vs. ingame cinema/boss fight too.
Reply Quote
I thought that one of the D3 panels (I can't recall, what am I , Cain?), that Lillith wasn't coming in the main release of Diablo 3.

She can come back from the Void, yes, (which is pretty impressive, can't wait for her in an XPAC)but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Asmodeus, Belial, and Diablo (as a combination of all three) due to the lore contained in the book of cain (he specifically highlights this), and the datamined boss photos.

I think they're saving both Imperious and Lillith for an expansion or for diablo 4.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/29/2012 12:39 PMPosted by D3BETA
I thought that one of the D3 panels (I can't recall, what am I , Cain?), that Lillith wasn't coming in the main release of Diablo 3.
That's what I remember, but I'm having difficulty tracking down the exact source. I wish I could as I'd like to provide it as evidence in about a dozen different threads.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]