Diablo® III

Battle.net 2.0 Threatens the Success of Diabl

This is one interesting article, pretty much sums up the problems with Bnet 2 - mainly the chat-channels.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/battle-net-2-0-threatens-the-success-of-diablo-3-opinion/comment-page-1#comments

I would really like to hear, why Blizzard just don't want to implement proper channels, to avoid making Battle net to the ghost town it pretty much have become.

Edit:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/

Some suggestions for the interface.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/5/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Are people having hearing problems?

Far sightedness?

What's with the caps locking?

EDIT - ah, that's much better.

/thumbs up
Edited by Scourge on 3/5/2012 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
WOW! Great job on the mockup... now if I saw that in the actual game I'd have no complaints about Bnet 2.0.

I feel like blizz just put together a crappy chat (unless the current beta chat is not the final rendition) to appease people that were complaining about the lack of general chat, but failed miserably.

#1. First and foremost, the chat pane should be WAY bigger than it currently is. A tiny, lame excuse for a chat box is not something we wanted.
#2. Character's names should be a different color than the text they type.. this just makes it much easier on the eyes.
#3. Private chat limits should be increased.. a 4 player limit is ludicrous. I have more than 4 friends who will play Diablo 3 and I'm not happy that I can only talk to a few at a time.
#4. Character avatars are a must in the chat! This brings a whole new feel to the chat system, as if you're in a game speaking with the people.
#5. I'd also like to see the ability to change which channel (i.e. "Trade chat -1", "trade chat - 2" etc) I can go into. This may not be implemented though.
Reply Quote
"Threatens"

lol

That's cute. Maybe reality will sink in when Diablo 3 is released and sells like 2 million units on day one.

(or, more then likely, you guys will somehow come up with a way that is a "failure", and the rest of the world will still not care, lol.)
Reply Quote
chat? d2 chat was useless and filled with
BUYD2GOLD.COM CHEAP, RELIABLE ON TIME BULL CRAP IN GREEN FONT!
NOW IN YELLOW AND ORANGE.

I think people should shut up until its released to see what blizzards actually going with in the final. We can't really rely on ANY information from the beta because it is all subject to change.

And if it ends up sucking, man up and just get raid call or ventrillo and have a more efficient form of communication, speak.

And if you can't afford a crappy 3$ head set from discount electronics, or are unable to Google your way to a free team speak hosting service, or your internet just plain sucks, well, I'd like to believe your a minority and the majority should not bend to your will. Playing video games is a luxury, not a privileged. If not having a chat room is a deal breaker, then well, damn you picky.
Reply Quote
Lol we already went through like 40+ pages of my mockup a month ago, to which Blizzard replied:

Just about everything is set as it will be at release. There will certainly be tweaks here and there, and some small improvements, but no, we don't have any current plans to change the chat channel interface.

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2. We have to apply value to the additional time it would take to address a small amount of requests for a change, and it just doesn't outweigh releasing the game.

But we can keep trying I guess :/
Reply Quote
Just about everything is set as it will be at release. There will certainly be tweaks here and there, and some small improvements, but no, we don't have any current plans to change the chat channel interface.

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2. We have to apply value to the additional time it would take to address a small amount of requests for a change, and it just doesn't outweigh releasing the game.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4081813178#7
Reply Quote
Lol we already went through like 40+ pages of my mockup a month ago, to which Blizzard replied:

But we can keep trying I guess :/

i like the mock up alot, and meh its always worth a shot to put our opinions out there on what would make the game better.
Reply Quote
Anyone that says battle.net 2.0 isn't bad for D3 is just brown nosing. Lettuce be reality, diablo 3 will be successful without it- but that doesn't mean it couldn't be even more successful. I, for one, bought SC2 and thought I could join chat channels and discuss with other people and interact like I did with W3... I couldn't. I played a single multiplayer game and never went back.

Maybe you're different but to me and a !@#$load of people, what made blizzard games so great ( and I'm not talking about WoW ) was the social aspect mixed in. I remember logging into D2 and seeing everybodys characters in the chat channels... That was so damn cool. Diablo 3 won't be a single player game; most of the fun will come from trading, partying, etc. Battle.net 2.0 simply doesn't make any sense. It makes everything battle.net originally got right and throws it in a trash can.

Why remove something when you can just let it in and satisfy everybody? It doesn't make sense. It HAS to be a greedy, WoW related move. There's no excuse for this, and I know my diablo experience will suffer. I will still play it yes, still buy it yes, but that doesn't mean this change doesn't suck.
Reply Quote
Tops mock up mate. Hope they eventually implement something similar.
Reply Quote
horse sure could use a couple more whacks I guess.
Reply Quote
"Threatens"

lol

That's cute. Maybe reality will sink in when Diablo 3 is released and sells like 2 million units on day one.

(or, more then likely, you guys will somehow come up with a way that is a "failure", and the rest of the world will still not care, lol.)

I'm so sick of people who have this attitude. Is all you care about is the first day of release of the game? Yea everyone knows blizzard is going to make a ton of money the first week. But there are plenty of flaws in D3's end game and battle.net 2.0 that are going to hinder it from keeping people playing. And yes that of course will effect their sales!!! I wish people would realize that.

If people get bored after two months-

Less money for them with the RMAH
Less people buying the expansion
Less people buying blizzard games using bnet 2.0

It all adds up, if you release a bad product that people get bored of it will effect future sales of the game. If d3 is boring due to the ghost town effect and having no community feel at all you can bet your !@# I won't be buying any of the future expansions unless they fix it.

Also just a note that because of the way SC2 is I won't be buying any future expansions because I'm already bored of the game, and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. That will hurt their sales.
Edited by sLC on 3/23/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard just refuses to address this topic when the players want it. But when they come up with the RMAH they lie and say the players wanted it. Wtf?

"Threatens"

lol

Maybe you'll remember one day you have no idea what you're saying is even true or not.

Also, howcome the only thing you ever do is flame people on these forums? That's literally all I've ever seen under your name.
Edited by Shyster on 3/23/2012 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
03/05/2012 10:55 AMPosted by D3BETA
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/

Amazing work.
Reply Quote
Also, one more thing, that article is something more people need to read. For one it shows screenshots for those who don't remember, all of the BNet interfaces for Blizzard's old games. Second it explains drawbacks and improvements, etc.

You get to Starcraft II and you can easily see how it has taken a turn for the worse. Just compare the interfaces. Which ones are easier to use the first time in?

I had to spend a few minutes just getting used to how weird/awkward the Sc2 interface was when I first got the game.

Version 4 of the Chat interface is AMAZING. I have zero complaints, it has all the buttons in the right places and it's easy and intuitive. If you haven't seen the latest mockup, scroll down and look for V4. You can see how much progress they made since the first mockup.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the link: http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/onetwosc/newd3screenV4.jpg
Edited by Shyster on 3/23/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am not repeating myself because no one listens. But I will make this point.

So called "private chat channels" are essentially your whispers. They improved whispers by letting you do so with up to three other people are the same time! YET ANOTHER CHAT IMPROVEMENT!

Private channels are ones that are custom made (and yes, you can do this in SC2) and those have never really been moderatable unless you had a 3rd party bot or a clan leadership role in WC3.
Reply Quote

So called "private chat channels" are essentially your whispers. They improved whispers by letting you do so with up to three other people are the same time! YET ANOTHER CHAT IMPROVEMENT!

Private channels are ones that are custom made (and yes, you can do this in SC2) and those have never really been moderatable unless you had a 3rd party bot or a clan leadership role in WC3.

Go to my link and come back with something to argue against that mockup.
Reply Quote

wow being able to whisper 3 people at a time??? omgggggg no way such an improvement

I could whisper 25 people at a time in bnet 1.0... /f m sup guys.
Reply Quote
First and last ones are the best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]