Diablo® III

Battle.net 2.0 Threatens the Success of Diabl

as much as i like the avatars on screen there is really no need for that extra clutter. it adds nothing to the actual chat functionality.
the other stuff with the larger window and being able to create channels (like WC3) and what not is great.
Reply Quote
as much as i like the avatars on screen there is really no need for that extra clutter. it adds nothing to the actual chat functionality.
the other stuff with the larger window and being able to create channels (like WC3) and what not is great.

The guys at incgamers have created a pretty awesome interface, and I can't imagine it would be difficult to hide things like this if it is deemed clutter by the masses. When it comes right down to it we are asking for improvement and there are several threads up right now about it.
Reply Quote
The only thing that threatens Diablo's success is if Diablo himself somehow (he has his ways) breaks free from the constraints of the game, and begins to take over earth.

Then you wont be playing Diablo, you will be living it....

p.s.

also ponies!
Reply Quote
Blizzard just refuses to address this topic when the players want it. But when they come up with the RMAH they lie and say the players wanted it. Wtf?

"Threatens"

lol

That's cute. Maybe reality will sink in when Diablo 3 is released and sells like 2 million units on day one.

(or, more then likely, you guys will somehow come up with a way that is a "failure", and the rest of the world will still not care, lol.)

Maybe you'll remember one day you have no idea what you're saying is even true or not.

Also, howcome the only thing you ever do is flame people on these forums? That's literally all I've ever seen under your name.

Because all it is on these forums are retards posting the same troll threads every 5 minutes.

Chat is not, has never been, and will never be the reason Diablo 3 succeeds.

Chat is not, and was never, the reason Diablo 2 did so well.

Blizzard has CLEARLY stated its stance on this, yet a dozen or so idiots on these very forums constantly make posts about how its "going to kill Diablo 3".

This is beyond stupid now, yet it continues.

So, sorry, until the daily mass of retarded stops on these forums, I will continue to do what I do.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/24/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard just refuses to address this topic when the players want it. But when they come up with the RMAH they lie and say the players wanted it. Wtf?

Maybe you'll remember one day you have no idea what you're saying is even true or not.

Also, howcome the only thing you ever do is flame people on these forums? That's literally all I've ever seen under your name.

Because all it is on these forums are retards posting the same troll threads every 5 minutes.

Blizzard has CLEARLY stated its stance on this, yet a dozen or so idiots on these very forums constantly make posts about how its "going to kill Diablo 3".

So, sorry, until the daily mass of retarded stops on these forums, I will continue to do what I do.

While there is validity in what you're saying, ie the same minority reposting about bnet 2.0... there are still some genuine newcomers (especially on the sc2 boards) who are awakening to this issue. Not to mention, most of us have been very constructive about the situation.

Well, it comes down to that some of us just haven't had a great experience with sc2 bnet and are/were hoping to not have the same problem again lol.
Reply Quote

I have never made the inaccurate statement that chat alone is the reason Diablo is a successful franchise, but if you read the suggestions mentioned in Entity's thread for instance, there is nothing wrong with implementing such features.

It doesn't hurt anybody. For those who don't care, they will ignore it anyway, so they won't even be bothered by it, right?

Kinda like the RMAH, or back when you (more or less) couldn't start hardcore at the beginning. Doesn't affect me, but I don't stick my nose out and tell people they're retarded for wanting a feature because I don't particularly find it useful.
Reply Quote

I have never made the inaccurate statement that chat alone is the reason Diablo is a successful franchise, but if you read the suggestions mentioned in Entity's thread for instance, there is nothing wrong with implementing such features.

It doesn't hurt anybody. For those who don't care, they will ignore it anyway, so they won't even be bothered by it, right?

Kinda like the RMAH, or back when you (more or less) couldn't start hardcore at the beginning. Doesn't affect me, but I don't stick my nose out and tell people they're retarded for wanting a feature because I don't particularly find it useful.

Your sentiment is correct, HOWEVER.

Blizzard clearly, to the point said that no major changes to chat will be made before release.

Period.

So, what exactly does constantly making the same threads over and over do again?

Oh thats right, nothing, at all.

All Blizzard forums are now is CONSTANT QQ, all day, every day.

Its pathetic.
Reply Quote

Blizzard clearly, to the point said that no major changes to chat will be made before release.

Period.

So, what exactly does constantly making the same threads over and over do again?

Its pathetic.

Period.

Its pathetic.

Actually, I don't recall requesting these changes prior to release, either. I'm not QQing either, I've been pretty reasonable (so I'd like to think) in the posts I have made about this topic.

Your negativity doesn't really help anything, so even if you're right, all you are doing is frustrating other people.
Reply Quote

Period.

Its pathetic.

Period.

Its pathetic.

Actually, I don't recall requesting these changes prior to release, either. I'm not QQing either, I've been pretty reasonable (so I'd like to think) in the posts I have made about this topic.

Your negativity doesn't really help anything, so even if you're right, all you are doing is frustrating other people.

You have not, but many, many, MANY others HAVE.

And I figure after several MONTHS of me trying to take the high road, and being kind and patient, etc, but getting NOTHING but the same crap over and over..... tough.

I hope I can inflict even a fraction of the frustration this "community" inflicts on these forums daily.

Eye for an eye.
Reply Quote

You have not, but many, many, MANY others HAVE.

And I figure after several MONTHS of me trying to take the high road, and being kind and patient, etc, but getting NOTHING but the same crap over and over..... tough.

I hope I can inflict even a fraction of the frustration this "community" inflicts on these forums daily.

Eye for an eye.

Ok, well I'm not here to be hostile, I just would like to be heard, honestly. And get some form of response directed at the number of threads out on the front page about these things.

As for Eye for an eye, doesn't work too well...it's just lost on the unreasonable people you are targeting. I don't see the point and I usually avoid posting much at all.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest

Blizzard has CLEARLY stated its stance on this, yet a dozen or so idiots on these very forums constantly make posts about how its "going to kill Diablo 3"

So you deny that having an active community encourages more game play and makes game play generally more enjoyable for people? If you want to play D3 like its single player, yes.. it doesn't do too much. Most people though wish to play it in a multi-player setting and would love to see a better, more global chat system implemented.

Saying QQing does nothing and then QQing yourself about others QQing just doesn't make sense does it? If you really believe what you preach then take a vow of silence on this topic since your complaints only add to what you consider incessant, useless complaining. Moreover, Blizzard seeing unanimous (well.. almost) support for a better chat system may encourage them to make a step in this direction with later patches. We're only trying to express what we feel about the game as this is what these forums are designed for.
Edited by Lennoxx on 3/24/2012 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz really should do this, or hire that guy to do it for them and fire their current Bnet 2.0 UI guy. Current one looks like crap and has reduced functionality from Bnet 1.0. Also what is wrong with custom games if ppl still have the option to just auto-game search?

These options really cant be hard to implement, is the real reason fear of lost revenue on RMAH, this is the only logical circumstance I can see.
Reply Quote
The new mockups are amazing.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Parch
The new mockups are amazing.

Yes they do and that designer is talented. This is what blizz should have offered from the beginning if they wanted to produce a quality product (component). They still have an opportunity to fix it....
Reply Quote
I'm definitely in the minority, but I don't like the mockups at all. They add way too much clutter to the screen. I also never really liked the avatars because they might as well have had randomized characters at the bottom of the screen, they never gave me a sense of community.

I definitely wouldn't mind if they put some extra chat stuff in there that people like you guys want, but it doesn't bother me how it is right now. If they do add something like a big chat room I really hope it is a completely separate section from the main screen that I don't have to see every time I login
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Oh that poor, poor horse.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Tjans
I'm definitely in the minority, but I don't like the mockups at all. They add way too much clutter to the screen. I also never really liked the avatars because they might as well have had randomized characters at the bottom of the screen, they never gave me a sense of community.

I agree with this. I like the clean look that SC2 has. I am hoping D3 keeps the clean look.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Glassfist

I agree with this. I like the clean look that SC2 has. I am hoping D3 keeps the clean look.

It can still be clean, but be more well rounded with social or community features.
Reply Quote
I don't think the initial success will be slowed at all because of Bnet. But, I agree that the interface on Diablo 2 was WAY more fun than the version that was put into SC2, so I can believe it may not have the longevity that Diablo 2 had/has. I remember spending hours in chat rooms on Diablo 2 but I haven't done anything besides find a game to play with SC2. Hopefully, a little improvement is made to the chat and friends interface.
Reply Quote
03/23/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Shyster

That's somewhat narrow minded. It feels like you're assuming everyone is like you.

I wanted a RMAH, and I am glad it is in there. I did not use the chat system, I do not care that it is not. There is no "Wtf?" here. Really there should be both an okay chat system, and RMAH

I'm not saying everyone is like me, but I am saying that there are people who are like me, and there are people like you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]