dont turn the monk into a freakin buffer
traps
give it traps
Reply Quote
cant tell if serious
Reply Quote
Traps? Play a Demon Hunter.
Reply Quote
HC characters will be Monks because of NDE. You fail your character lives. Run away for 90 seconds and try again.

also with MoE i think there is a party fail save. It protects your friends from dying for like 3 seconds if they die and allows them to get out of trouble.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#...d!!...Z

They made the description really broken but it used to save your friends from death once every 90 seconds.

Reply Quote
the problem is that the monk wont be able to kill anything
he has no attack potential and once he's in hell those combos are only going to get him killed
twice
with a quickness

I understand his worth to a hardcore party as a buffer. He will surely be an incredibly valuable party member. If he had just one viable ranged attack to thin the herd a tiny bit he could do something besides hide behind characters killing things waiting to pick up scraps for spirit. If he had just one attack that didn't involve being in the center of a herd he could be a very fun character to play. But if you are playing hardcore and you need NDE then your character is already dead, or at least will be soon.

All characters can die but the monk just seems like he's asking for it if he doesn't have a party to back him up, or rather, to back up. But we'll see i suppose.
Reply Quote
92 Orc Shaman
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#b
Boom now you can attack from a range problem solved
Reply Quote
only on the third attack and by that point you're already in the mob
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You realize that the monk has what is EASILY the most powerful attack in the game, right?

Not even close, and no I'm not kidding. Look at Exploding Palm.

Any attack that does a % of a creatures MAX HEALTH to creatures in the area around is gonna be DEVASTATING!

It will pop packs of mobs like g!!@*s.

Aside from this, if the monk's damage is that far out of line from the other classes it will be FIXED.

Get over yourself, Chicken Little.
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Zanathos
Any attack that does a % of a creatures MAX HEALTH to creatures in the area around is gonna be DEVASTATING!

corpse explosion :P
Reply Quote
rereading all the skills every day
we'll see i just hope it doesn't turn out to be the dud kickers were
super fun to play but never live past lvl 70
Reply Quote
Also, the damage output of Way of a Hundred Fists also looks to be pretty ridiculous. there's another thread going where the video, 'You will die, we promise you!' that the Devs posted a few weeks ago shows this skill being used. It's hitting 3 or 4 targets simultaneously and the damage numbers are just flying off of them... and they're BIG numbers.

This is supposition, but it looks like the second hit strikes each target for the full damage of the attack on each of the 7 strikes. This may be incorrect, but it sure doesn't look like it.

The crazy part is, if this is true then it would seem to make sense that 7-Sided Strike will also hit all targets in the area 7 times EACH. If this is true, then the high Spirit cost and the 30 second CD would make sense. If you combine these three skills together with 1 more spirit generator(pick your poison - they all have advantages) I think the recent nerfs to monk damage make much more sense.

The amount of damage a 2-hander could do with Hundred Fists would be downright insane..... especially with some decent crit rates going on.
Reply Quote
SSS hits only 7 times. So if there are 7 targets. Each target gets hit once for 111%

777% / 7 = 111% weapon damage per hit.

This is why i will never use SSS because it has a cooldown, cost spirit, and hits as much as any spirit generator.
Reply Quote
SSS hits only 7 times. So if there are 7 targets. Each target gets hit once for 111%

777% / 7 = 111% weapon damage per hit.

This is why i will never use SSS because it has a cooldown, cost spirit, and hits as much as any spirit generator.

Aint that the truth. I hope they're looking into this skill to make it more appealing.
Reply Quote
Either they need to take the cooldown to like 15 seconds. Or make it spammable like they used to but have it cost 100 spirit like Wave of Light.

A high spirit cost is essentially its own cool down.

Otherwise the skill is a 30 sec cool down evasion skill with slight damage because during the animation, you wont take any hits.
Reply Quote
dont turn the monk into a freakin buffer
traps
give it traps

So... what would a monk trap be like? You run across it and a fist shoots out of the ground and hits you in the chin?

03/12/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Archangel

And makes you invincible while you're using it.
Reply Quote
You realize that the monk has what is EASILY the most powerful attack in the game, right?

Not even close, and no I'm not kidding. Look at Exploding Palm.

It will pop packs of mobs like g!!@*s.

Aside from this, if the monk's damage is that far out of line from the other classes it will be FIXED.

Get over yourself, Chicken Little.

Good thing exploding palm doesn't do %hp now. It does %weapon damage. You would see that if you logged into the beta! :)
Reply Quote
Yes, each hit of 7ss hits roughly as strong as a combo move...but over time 7ss is maybe twice as fast (dealing 2x the damage in the same period of time). This is a nuke for packs/single big guys that need to burn quickly. Unfortunately the cooldown makes it hard to pull that off...but you can ramp up the damage or reduce the cooldown (damage per spirit favour the 1007% rune...plus then you get a teleport)...so it has its utility.

Plus it looks freaking sweet...7ss will definitely be in my builds.
Reply Quote

Good thing exploding palm doesn't do %hp now. It does %weapon damage. You would see that if you logged into the beta! :)

Heh. I can't. My roommate can, however. Guess what? It DOES still do 30% monster health on death from or during the DoT. The reason the stuff was in the patch notes only talked about the change to a spirit spender and the increased DoT damage was that those were the changes.

You should probably check your facts before you make comments like that..... otherwise you just look foolish.
Reply Quote
03/06/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Hax
Traps? Play a Demon Hunter.

03/18/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Steve
So... what would a monk trap be like? You run across it and a fist shoots out of the ground and hits you in the chin?

that went way over your heads :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]