Diablo® III

Patch 14. Patch of the Monk.

So despite the official changes, there are always many unofficial ones to go with it.

I read through all the unofficial changes and can safely say that Patch 14 can be renamed as "Jay Wilson now wants to play Monk" Patch.

Monk buffs:
The monk's damage was buffed through generators
Two of the generators have been turned into spenders - sweeping wind now looks impressive.
A new passive was added.
Dashing strike does 100% dmg, up from 80%
Tempest rush now costs 10 sp/sec, down from 15. Can be runed for 8 sp/sec, down from 10.
Way of Hundred Fists base damage increased to 140% weapon damage from 125%
Crippling Wave: Mangle damage increased to 143% weapon damage from 130%

Monk nerfs:
Mantras now cost 50 up from 25
Dashing strike now costs 25, up from 15. Can still be runed to only cost 10 (this is likely to go up also)
MoR w/ indignation gives 10% chance for attackers to be stunned, down from 20%
Mantra of Evasion: Hard Target changed to 20% armor buff down from 30%

Added passive:
Beacon of Ytar Beacon of Ytar

stat : Reduces all cooldowns by 15%.
desc : It is only through hardship that we come to know our limits, and only through knowing our limits that we learn to shatter them.

<strong />All<em /> of the other classes got nerfed, especially the DH.

Healing across the board has been reduced by roughly half. This makes me assume that max hp has been reduced the same.

Edit: thanks mastodon for some more info.
Edited by Balor on 3/9/2012 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
An old, removed passive returns.
Reply Quote
Beacon of Ytar actually used to be in the game before they replace it with Combination Strike. It used to do:
  • The cooldown on your Lashing Tail Kick, Seven-Sided Strike and Wave of Light abilities is removed, but their Spirit cost is increased by 50%.

• The new BoY is less kinda less interesting, but probably more useful.

Dunno why you'd assume they'd reduce max health along with healing. Couldn't they just want to make healing worse?
    Reply Quote
    03/08/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Church
    Dunno why you'd assume they'd reduce max health along with healing. Couldn't they just want to make healing worse?
    It's because they were all nerfed by about 50%. That's a huge nerf so our health pools probably dropped by about half also. Maybe more maybe less. They could have dropped our health pools AND nerfed heals. We don't know but it's a smart guess that our health pools are smaller.
    03/08/2012 09:57 PMPosted by D3BETA
    I'm extremely sadden about the mantra of evasion nerf, now I have to use only mantra of conviction and rework my build for defense
    I feel your pain. I might be done theory-crafting until things are more official. These are some big changes and screw with my updated build :*(
    Reply Quote
    03/08/2012 09:57 PMPosted by D3BETA
    I'm extremely sadden about the mantra of evasion nerf, now I have to use only mantra of conviction and rework my build for defense

What nerf?
    Reply Quote
    Other changes:

Nerfs:
    Mantra of Evasion: Hard Target got changed to 20% armor buff down from 30%

Buffs:
    Way of Hundred Fists base damage increased to 140% weapon damage from 125%
    Crippling Wave: Mangle damage increased to 143% weapon damage from 130%
    Reply Quote
    03/08/2012 11:05 PMPosted by D3BETA
    I'm going to stop making build as well. Don't want to give Blizzard any ideas...
    Yea, every time I make a build they nerf the main pieces in my build. I change and then those pieces get nerfed. I change again and it happens again. I guess this is what I get for trying to make elite level builds before a game is balanced or even out. I guess the good news is that my assumptions on what's good/not/best are pretty spot on... maybe. idk. I can dream :P
    Reply Quote
    I really like the SwepingW. change, it was pathetic before and couldn't compare to crippling.

03/08/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Balor
    Healing across the board has been reduced by roughly half. This makes me assume that max hp has been reduced the same.
    Imo it's because monk/barb got +30% natural dmg reduction. I have yet to look at whether barbarians got their healing nerfed too, they damn well better have. I'll go look now. Ummm actually Barbs got some healing nerfs but ALSO got some healing buffs(Furious charge, Revenge, Rend, and Overpower[though its spamability was nerfed] all got healing buffs[especially since vit can now add 100% to armor])....... Monks got ALL their healing cut to half or a THIRD of their healing power. Looks like Barbs and monks will both be melle healers just with a different flavor/theme.

War Cry, Invigorate: +30 Fury, +20% armor, +310 Health/second, +10% max Health

MoH, Heavenly Body: -50 Spirit, +3721.2 over 3 seconds then+310 Health/second +10% max Health, AND uses up Mantra aura so one can't mix this with retribution to reflect dmg like barbarians still can with Tough as Nails >;(
    Edited by Candle on 3/9/2012 11:43 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Hunter
    Way of One Hundred Fists and Crippling Wave are now listed under primary. Exploding Palm, Dashing Strike and Sweeping Winds are now listed under techniques.
    Reply Quote
    With the changes to mantras. Exalted is going to be looking that much better. That extra 100 spirit will be nice to have as an opening so you can get 1 or 2 mantra bonus's in before you get to your regular 150 spirit.

Will be looking forward to Blizzard updating the skill calc so we can start hashing out new ideas.
    Reply Quote
    Wave of Light is useable in the Beta now.

Ring my Bell! wee!
    Reply Quote
    MoH

• Time of Need : Mantra of Healing also increases all resistances to all damage types by 20%

• So even physical damage? I love this new rune for MoH. Reminds me of the MoE rune that adds to armor.
    Reply Quote
    Unofficial patch notes? Source?
    Reply Quote
    Nevermind, found them:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1112-diablo-3-patch-14-information/
    Reply Quote
    MoH

• Time of Need : Mantra of Healing also increases all resistances to all damage types by 20%
  • So even physical damage? I love this new rune for MoH. Reminds me of the MoE rune that adds to armor.

This isn't a new rune. Although the current skill calculator just says 'all resistances', not 'all resistances to all damage types'.
    Reply Quote
    @Mastodon

Yeah before i felt it was just elemental resistance. But now it is more clear that its a flat 20% Damage resist. So does that equate to 20% damage reduction?

If so, again i like it. Nice to have a healing mantra that adds DR. Its a double whammy.
    Reply Quote

@Mastodon

Yeah before i felt it was just elemental resistance. But now it is more clear that its a flat 20% Damage resist. So does that equate to 20% damage reduction?

If so, again i like it. Nice to have a healing mantra that adds DR. Its a double whammy.

There is a stat called physical resistance, which can be found on items and it reduces the damage taken by physical damage by a %. So say for example you might have 10% resist to cold and 10% resist to physical damage and 0% resist to fire, then by taking this rune it will mean your cold resist would be 12% and physical resist 12% and fire resist 0%. So its not the same as having a 20% damage reduction across the board, this is just my speculation.
    Reply Quote
    I really like the SwepingW. change, it was pathetic before and couldn't compare to crippling.

Imo it's because monk/barb got +30% natural dmg reduction. I have yet to look at whether barbarians got their healing nerfed too, they damn well better have. I'll go look now. Ummm actually Barbs got some healing nerfs but ALSO got some healing buffs(Furious charge, Revenge, Rend, and Overpower[though its spamability was nerfed] all got healing buffs[especially since vit can now add 100% to armor])....... Monks got all their healing cut to half or a THIRD of their healing power. Looks like Barbs and monks will both be melle healers just with a different flavor/theme.

War Cry, Invigorate: +30 Fury, +20% armor, +310 Health/second, +10% max Health

MoH, Heavenly Body: -50 Spirit, +3721.2 over 3 seconds then+310 Health/second +10% max Health, AND uses up Mantra aura so one can't mix this with retribution to reflect dmg like barbarians still can with Tough as Nails >;(

Actually it looks like barb healing got buffed. I guess they were way too squishy in Inferno.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]