Diablo® III

Patch 14. Patch of the Monk.

03/09/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Dstar
So say for example you might have 10% resist to cold and 10% resist to physical damage and 0% resist to fire, then by taking this rune it will mean your cold resist would be 12% and physical resist 12% and fire resist 0%.

I think it says increases to all so in your scenario, it would mean Fire resist goes up 20%

Cold and Physical both go up 20% to be 30% based on your numbers.

10+20
10+20
0+20
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Archangel
I think it says increases to all so in your scenario, it would mean Fire resist goes up 20%
I think it multiplies what you have by 20% like Dstar said. 6 by 4 in math = 24 units. That's how I look at it at least.
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Archangel
So say for example you might have 10% resist to cold and 10% resist to physical damage and 0% resist to fire, then by taking this rune it will mean your cold resist would be 12% and physical resist 12% and fire resist 0%.

Cold and Physical both go up 20% to be 30% based on your numbers.

10+20
10+20
0+20

I agree with AA.

Also with all of the healing spells based on HP getting cut in half also supports the amount of health/vitality at 60 is equally getting reduced. How do I know? Witch Doctor's Big Bad Voodoo-Ghost Trance ability was not nerfed in Patch 14 : The ritual heals all nearby allies for 5% of their maximum Life per second.
Reply Quote
Did the dashing strike targeting become better when not focusing on a monster?
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 10:29 AMPosted by D3BETA
Did the dashing strike targeting become better when not focusing on a monster?

No, still the same.

10+20
10+20
0+20

I agree with AA.

Also with all of the healing spells based on HP getting cut in half also supports the amount of health/vitality at 60 is equally getting reduced. How do I know? Witch Doctor's Big Bad Voodoo-Ghost Trance ability was not nerfed in Patch 14 : The ritual heals all nearby allies for 5% of their maximum Life per second.

I'm with you guys on this one. I think a flat 20% is actually worse, because once you get an amount over 100 - as in after nightmare, the flat 20% is less.

Regarding the healing, if they are actually lowering max HP by 50% or so, that will mean that vitality as a stat roughly doubles in value.
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Vixen
Also with all of the healing spells based on HP getting cut in half also supports the amount of health/vitality at 60 is equally getting reduced.
A good amount of the Barbs HP % heals got buffed :O as did iron skin of course
Reply Quote
Unofficial patch notes? Source?

Nevermind, found them:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1112-diablo-3-patch-14-information/

Ummm are these actually legit, why weren't they posted in the actual patch 14 notes??
Reply Quote
Keep in mind resist is not a 0-100% scale per se, it is just like armor.

Armor goes from 0-30000
Resist goes from 0-3000
Reply Quote
We dont know if they will have a resist cap like they did in D2 of 75.

We'll have to see. I remember there was gear that would add to MAX resist that would push it past 75. Also, i remember in D2 that the base resist got lowered in each difficulty you went up in.

So Inferno we may start with -resist and have to work out way up. This is why i like the MoH +20% base resist ALL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]