Diablo® III

Patch 14 monks

This is an outrage!!!!! Exploding palm was gonna be my fav generator D:
UPDATE: LOVE the change!! Now I can spam the skill on multiple enemies and I don't have to attack twice to use the skill as it was a 3rd attack. This means I can combo 3 hits with generators and still use this awesome skill!!
Edited by D3BETA on 3/9/2012 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
mine too hate this change so much....:(
Reply Quote
Where are you getting this info at?
Reply Quote
Exploding Palm was a staple generator of most of my builds too. But it might turn out to be a really fun spirit spender. I'm anxious to give it a whirl.
Reply Quote
what no way I love exploding palm as a damaging attack...it was so awesome and if there's no cooldown it means we finally have something to do with all that excess spirit we generate! This is GREAT news!!!

Loving patch 14 for monks!!!!!
Reply Quote
Oh man! and oh my gosh the potential now for runes on the new exploding palm...ah man yessss
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
You do realize this really helps your AoE. Here's an example:

- Crippling wave is your builder, Exploding is your primary spender
- You now slow and can reduce damage of all mobs around you (crippling w/ rune)
- You spend it with a DoT that explodes on death (exploding)
- You now pick up a passive such as Transcendence

So because of this patch you get an easy way to reduce damage/slow/heal AND AOE!!

Why would you whine about this? If you played the early Beta, you had a chance to use crippling and know why it was the most chosen spender.
Reply Quote
So if its a 1 hit, cause the dot effect that would normally have been the third hit of the generator, what's the difference if it still explodes?

Who honestly would have used the first two hits of exploding palm? When Deadly Reach could hit more targets?

I know I was only planning on using the third hit of Exploding Palm.

Don't get me wrong though, this makes me sad indeed. Exploding palm was integral to all my previous builds.

My question lands with Combination strike. Did Master Wughan suddenly forget a technique?
Edited by TwinTiger on 3/8/2012 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think it will just be an exploding hit now with no dot or combo of hits :/ cant know for sure until we see it but i think thats what they have done to it
Edited by D3BETA on 3/8/2012 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/08/2012 04:24 PMPosted by D3BETA
cant know for sure until we see it but i think thats what they have done to it

Exploding Palm
This skill has been redesigned.
No longer generates Spirit, now costs 40 Spirit
Now deals 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds

I don't see any explosion mentioned. At least not yet.
Reply Quote
ah k over 3 seconds already forget that^^
Reply Quote
I'm more concerned that Rupture runed Cleave for Barbarian hasn't been nerfed. A "corpse explosion" cleave seems a bit imbalanced. Especially with the changes to our Exploding Palm.
Reply Quote
yah, dudes, don't worry about having the AoE....I mean, it's called "Exploding" palm...how many explosions do you see that are organized and confined to a small area?, there'll definitely be the explosion still--that's a mechanic Blizz was definitely proud of.

Corpse explosion is still in the franchise baby, boo yah

oh and like someone else said...why have a combo with 2 completely uninteresting first hits? Anyone using two combos with the old exploding palm as one of them would've preferred pretty much any other technique for the first 2 hits.
Edited by bluewolf on 3/8/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
EP - 220% over 3 seconds.

So 73.33% weapon damage per second huh.

Will be interesting to see what the runes are now. This would replace LTK depending on how many targets it can hit.

Liking the damage bonus.

Monk
Monks now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to shield block
  • Breath of Heaven - Heal amount reduced
  • Crippling Wave - Damage increased from 100% to 110%
  • Deadly Reach - Damage increased from 100% to 110%
  • Exploding Palm - This skill has been redesigned. No longer generates Spirit, now costs 40 Spirit. Now deals 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds
  • Fists of Thunder - Damage increased from 100% to110%
  • Reply Quote
    What i am trying to understand, and maybe it is as obvious as it sounds. But the 30% passive damage reduction.

I saw this for both Barbs and Monks.

Are we to assume that they gave the 2 melee classes a passive 30% DR on top of their armor from the beginning? Maybe to balance the issues of having to fight close quarters vs ranged and casters who have the mobility of fighting from afar.

What ever the case is. It looks good.

Love the UI changes as well.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]