Diablo® III

Naked@60: 73.16%(Dodge) + 58%(dr) = 888%EH

pretty wild you could almost have this exact build in the OP at level 35, by just swapping out the Cyclone Strike runeskill:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXdVR!aYZ!ZcbaZa

otherwise you get the exact build in OP at level 49

Also interesting at level 35 your EH goes from 888% to 710% by dropping that Cyclone Strike runeskill (20% dodge), effectively losing 1.78 full life ;)
Edited by Vixen on 3/15/2012 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
but where are you going to get the spirit to keep up dashing + mantra + cyclone , or 150 spirit/3sec?

you'll need to generate greater than 50 spirit/sec, in fact im estimating somewhere in the 70-80 range due to time lost when refreshing these spells

Show me where I say you can have this up all of the time.

You are not going to be casting MoE every 3 seconds !?!

If you read the first post you'll see in the VERY FIRST SENTENCE where I stated we won't be able to keep 73.16% dodge up all the time, stop being such a literalist.

You use Dashing Strike in situations that call for it when you have the available spirit.
You use Cyclone Strike in situations that call for it when you have the available spirit.

Even when you take out MoE-Bonus and CS you still have 60.5% dodge naked at 60 w/ 603% Effective Health.
Edited by Vixen on 3/15/2012 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 09:35 PMPosted by BowShock
Aren't you forgetting to include the passive "Sixth Sense"? That also raises your dodge as long as you just stack some crit chance.

Good point, hard to calculate it in though without knowing our crit chance at 60.

So hypothetically speaking, do we think 30% crit is reasonable for a monk? Using 6th sense, that would bring dodge up to: 75.57% and EH to: 975% - nice!
Edited by Vixen on 3/15/2012 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just read all of this math and it looks great. Now here comes me looking like a moron.

How are you calculating the effective health and what does it mean?

I'm trying to understand the concept of EH. Please help (^-^)

<------Calc nub
Reply Quote
For dodge it is

EH = L / (1-dodge chance)
for each dodge chance you use the EH as the new L

Once you have EH calculated for just dodge, you do the same only once for all other DR combined:
EH = L / (1 - dr)
Edited by Vixen on 3/15/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
dodge reference:
http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?419-Dodge-Testing&p=2436&viewfull=1#post2436

dr reference:
http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?459-Armor-Resistances-and-Effective-Health

Reply Quote
dodge increase = exponential EH:
http://www.armadagaming.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32&d=1331347997

armor increase = linear EH:
http://www.armadagaming.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36&d=1331501178
Edited by Vixen on 3/15/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure if this post originated before the most recent patch, but Monks and Barbarians now have a global, built-in 30% damage reduction now, so might as well include that!
Reply Quote
03/15/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Steve
Not sure if this post originated before the most recent patch, but Monks and Barbarians now have a global, built-in 30% damage reduction now, so might as well include that!

Yep, hence why I bumped:

+58% damage reduction from mobs (Resolve 25% x Crippling Wave 20% x 30% Innate) - "up" pretty often to nearby targets

monks are the new "cats with nine lives" (888% EH)
Edited by Vixen on 3/15/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I blame the sheer variety of monk survivability options on my missing it.
Reply Quote
I know you said you won't be able to keep up ~73% dodge, but from your wording you specifically point out global cooldown, when that is not even close to the limiting factor

So you can spam all of your spells in under a second for all of them to be active? o.O
Reply Quote
when you're generating at a rate of 15 spirit per seconds and most spells takes less than .6 seconds to casts (depending on your attack speed), I wouldn't consider that to be the main factor.

Some doesn't even trigger or affected by global cooldown, such as mantra, runes, passives

You are arguing semantics at this point just for the sake of arguing, you've done this in a number of threads. I started this thread under the presumption that this was not a sustained dodge/dr, give it a rest.
Reply Quote
Especially when your assumption was loaded with words as if the lost of up time is trivial when I doubt you can even keep 30% uptime

Base dodge naked @60 + The Guardian's Path + MoE + Fists of Thunder = 50% dodge ALL THE TIME.

Throw a dashing strike in there whenever the 3s dodge buff from it wears off and you are up to 60% dodge FULL TIME.

Now add gear...
Reply Quote
I didnt read all posts but the current formula for dex to dodge is:

Dex 1-100 = .1 per
Dex 100+ = .025 per

Make sure that your doing the proper math on calculating your dodge based off of Dex
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]