Diablo® III

black mushroom

just found some black mushroom - im wondering what its good for :)

i think thats pretty new stuff from patch14, isnt it?
some1 else found it yet?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3764968112
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yea the black mushroom has been spawning since I believe the start of beta. I know I found some months ago. The difference is they used to only be a rare spawn right outside adrias hut, but it seems in patch 14 they changed it to spawn elsewhere. First day of patch 14 I found a spawn in the cathedral =)

Since you can't sell it, maybe either a future quest item, or an ingredient in something (maybe to whatever secret level I hope they put in =P )
Reply Quote
The Black Mushroom is a Blizzard experiment to check the abilities granted to the search function in the forums. So far, it has shown that either the search function is broken, or that few know how to use it.

Being a scientist, I appreciate the subtleties involved.
Reply Quote
The Black Mushroom, The Anvil of Fury, to name two, are quest items from Diablo 1, as far as I know they are in the beta with no function other than nostalgic value, but who knows they may have a function when the game comes online on may 15
Reply Quote
Cain Mentions that he knows as much about it as red herrings.

Red herrings.

I think its just there to make use go crazy, with no actual in game use.
Reply Quote
the black mushroom is used for crafting the Staff of Herding to gain access to Whimsyshire, its an easter egg type thing
Reply Quote
I can never find it -_-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]