Diablo® III

Any Benefits to Hardcore mode?

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Now I might be wrong as I never played HC in D2, but I recall that there were perks in HC mode, such as great increased drop rates on rare loot.....has Blizz stated if HC mode in D3 will have anything to this effect?
Reply Quote
other than a richer gaming experience? no
Reply Quote
The only bonus is knowing that you are one bad !@# mofo baller who doesn't care if you die.

HC for life!
Reply Quote
Its just a harder way of playing and testing yourself. What better way to see just how good at Diablo 3 you are than to play in a mode where death of your character means ACTUAL death of your character.
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Landmine
other than a richer gaming experience? no
Reply Quote
No RMAH, which is a huge benefit.

Added challenge, which is another huge benefit.

In terms of "benefits" than the casual audience would think of... no.
Reply Quote
No RMAH, which is a huge benefit.

Added challenge, which is another huge benefit.

This...that's about it.

Also if your character dies after level 10, it is entered into this HC hall of fame type deal.

Where you can see their level, gear, other things...etc
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 03:41 PMPosted by randomtask
Also if your character dies after level 10, it is entered into this HC hall of fame type deal

I could be completely wrong (and probably am), but didn't they say they were just considering this idea, but haven't implemented it yet?
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Stinkweed
I could be completely wrong (and probably am), but didn't they say they were just considering this idea, but haven't implemented it yet?

I thought it was just being considered, but someone posted this earlier today, and it says exactly this:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3533/screenshot005gk.jpg
Reply Quote
You feel like a man, exude more testosterone, and get more IRL ladies.
Reply Quote
Your play-style is different in Hardcore. That's the benefit.
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 12:28 AMPosted by theSkaBoss
You feel like a man, exude more testosterone, and get more IRL ladies.

Wait did he say Benefits to Hardcore mode, or Benefits to working out?
Reply Quote
Like they said, you get a different way to play the game. Plus, I'm pretty sure there will be HC specific achievements, which most likely will unlock rewards, like making your banner prettier.
Reply Quote
Yeah for sure. As much as I want to play HC, my connection loves to go fuzzy and random D/Cs make HC unplayable for me.
Reply Quote
thrill
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
03/09/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Karisna
Now I might be wrong as I never played HC in D2, but I recall that there were perks in HC mode, such as great increased drop rates on rare loot.....has Blizz stated if HC mode in D3 will have anything to this effect?

More challenging for the people that like a challenge. No perks like better drop rates. The only perk is if you don't like the RMAH, everyone in hardcore earned their gear (assuming there's no dupes or anything like that).

-Sabin
www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]