Diablo® III

DH Naked Runthrough on Hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MLRegD1Wo

This is probably the most entertaining beta video I have seen yet. This player has some very impressive kiting skills and it brings a whole new level of difficulty to the beta. I particularly liked his strategies to dodging ranged attacks from Mira (Haedreg's wife) and Jondar.

This is not my video. I just found it on youtube.
Reply Quote
Cool video, I do not have the patience for some of the stuff that person had to do. Congratulations to them though, that's pretty intense.

Wonder why he/she chose not to go with Rapid Fire though. I feel like a lot of the kiting could have been avoided had they opted to go with RF over Impale, especially with those summoning skeletons. Caltrops -> Kite -> Rapid Fire + Hungering Arrow seems like it would be more effective, but I'm not sure. Makes sense for the SK though.

Also, what was the deal with not picking up health globes when he/she was not below full HP? It doesn't hurt to just run through the globe, but it was like the player was purposefully avoiding them, and I have no clue as to why. Extra hardcore? Haha.

Still a really cool video though, thanks for finding and sharing!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I did a naked run in patch 13 on DH, but using Hungering/Entangling on mouse binds and impale for keyboard bind, having a L-click hungering and R-click Entangling makes kiting really easy. Caltrops does make for an easier/cleaner (though slower) SK kill though.
Reply Quote
Cool video, I do not have the patience for some of the stuff that person had to do. Congratulations to them though, that's pretty intense.

Wonder why he/she chose not to go with Rapid Fire though. I feel like a lot of the kiting could have been avoided had they opted to go with RF over Impale, especially with those summoning skeletons. Caltrops -> Kite -> Rapid Fire + Hungering Arrow seems like it would be more effective, but I'm not sure. Makes sense for the SK though.

Also, what was the deal with not picking up health globes when he/she was not below full HP? It doesn't hurt to just run through the globe, but it was like the player was purposefully avoiding them, and I have no clue as to why. Extra hardcore? Haha.

Still a really cool video though, thanks for finding and sharing!

I would assume that the stationary requirement to Rapid Fire is the deal breaker for him. He's almost always moving and trying to keep max distance, both of which work against Rapid Fire. Impale runed with a stun sounds like the better choice for getting fast creatures off you or just slowing down a heavy hitter.

As for health globes, he leaves them up in case he has to kite monsters back to those points. If he's at full health then there's no point in running over 3 health globes that could potentially save your life down the road.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I did a hc naked run yesterday but unlike the op i fully explored every area which was my downfall i got surrouned by two scavenger champ packs in the den of the fallen and they overwhelmed me teleport and nightmare ftl
Reply Quote
i saw this video the other day and made me try it. i explored everything and had some close calls from running into named monsters and a pack of elites at the same time (5 teleporting imp elites... yeesh). but all in all, i made it and killed SK. if you've been playing beta a lot and are looking for something new to do, i definitely had a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
Gonna try it. :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Enjoyed this video, liking the kit that DH get to start off with, though i guess this changed some already in patch 15, though not sure what did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]